Re: First Time Port Butt

Lol.... sorry. Fill a cup with ice cubes and water. let stand for 10
minutes. Insert thermometer and look to see that it reaches 32F. Most
probes will be + or - up to 3F. It doesn't matter what the altitude or
barometric pressure is.

Well stirred ice water is EXACTLY 32 degrees F, or 0 degrees C. Assuming
there is no salt in the water, which can drop the water temp to about 16 or
18.

-John O

  • Re: Beliefs...
    ... Hot water obviously doesn't freeze faster than cold water, ... often make ice cubes starting out with hot water because it makes the ... PRE-EXISTENCE -- of Prophets ... of the individual soul before conception. ...
    (soc.religion.bahai)
  • Re: Arrg--ice cubes--arrg
    ... Would you like to be doused with ice cubes unless you'd coached the ... ready to be thoroughly watered with lukewarm or room temperature water. ... Take the plant to the sink and water the pot until the water is gushing ... orchid are the same as if it were cut flowers. ...
    (rec.gardens.orchids)
  • Re: Garbage disposal lubrication
    ... horrible noise. ... Load it up with ice cubes and I mean load it. ... Turn off water while it's still running. ...
    (alt.home.repair)
  • Re: Flavor Infusion Pitcher
    ... you add ice cubes to water to make the ... I was once given a glass pitcher with an "ice core", ostensibly for iced tea or lemonade. ...
    (rec.food.cooking)
  • Re: Probably the dumbest question ever asked on smt
    ... I honestly thought something was wrong with my freezer and since ... > where it was staying around 30 to 31 and my ice cubes went back to how I ... I also liked using hot water as it made them more porous ... >> using the same trays I used at the old house, ...
    (sci.med.transcription)