Re: Pizza Stone on the Grill

Kent wrote:
Does anyone have a pizza stone that works on a gas or charcoal grill without cracking up. Has anyone used fibrament. If so does fibrament absorb enough of the dough moisture to crisp the bottom of the crust?
Has anyone used any other stone material on the grill.

I made a great Pizza Margherita on the grill today. I used fresh basil, seeded sliced tomato, and fresh mozzerella and nothing else. This was the second time in 10 years I've tried this, and the second time I cracked the pizza stone on the grill. The stone temp. was about 600F; several drops of liquid spilled onto the stone when I took the pizza off and it cracked. I'm pretty sure it's because the bottom of the stone was 600F or higher, and the top suddenly became 100F or so.

If any make pizza routinely successfully, I would sure like to hear how you do it, and what kind of stone do you use?

TIA

Kent

Yes, got it from Walmart a few years ago, I fire the grill up to as hot as it will get. Fresh homemade dough, then simple toppings, boom done.

No cracking at all.

for grilled pizza you can drop the stone as well. Make your dough, place all the crusts you've made between separate sheets of wax paper. Get the grill ready, put raw dough on grate, I can usually do two at a time. It does not take long to crispy up one side. When all crusts are done on one side, start doing the toppings a the grilled side, take it back out, put is over indirect heat to finish the bottom and top.

mk

  • Re: My Grilled Pizza Experiment
    ... Pizza on the Barbecue Grill ... make the dough and cook it the same day, ... Great pizza is based on a great crust: too many toppings obscure the ...
    (rec.food.cooking)
  • Re: Grilled pizza using Weber gas grill
    ... > I need directions for grilling pizza on a Weber gas grill. ... toasty brown crust and top completely melted. ... As far as the grilled, I grill on side of the dough, then put toppings ... Get a nice stone, Not one of theose thin round things. ...
    (alt.food.barbecue)
  • Re: Ping: Kent re - pizza peel
    ... Slide paper and dough onto the hot stone. ... I let the pizza cook for another 8-9 ...
    (rec.food.cooking)
  • Re: Need Recipe for Grilled Pizza Dough
    ... grilling pizza. ... I am planning on using my charcoal grill versus the ... Cooking technique is just as important as the dough ... Form the dough, oil one side and grill it oil side down, lid ...
    (rec.food.cooking)
  • Re: Pizza stone dough not cooking through!
    ... You have to heat your stone for at least 45 minutes at 500F. ... Bake pizza for about 6 minutes at 550F. ... There may be a problem with your dough. ...
    (rec.food.baking)