Re: Vacuum Marinator

"Steve Calvin" <calvins@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Try this. Make an Italian sandwich out of some italian bread, ham, cheese,
whatever you like and put it into a "marinade". Then make the exact same
thing an vacuum seal it and see which takes up more of the liquid.

Me thinks it will show what I'm saying.

--
Steve
http://adirondackoutdoors.forumcircle.com

The structure of bread and meat are entirely different. Vacuum opens the
muscle fibers allowing marinade to penetrate. Think "Boyle's Law". Try
putting a balloon in a box and they draw a vacuum. The balloon will expand.
That is essentially what is happening to the cell structure of the meat.
That allows the marinade to penetrate.

I didn't make this up, it just happens to be physics.
--
Ed
http://pages.cthome.net/edhome/

  • Re: Vacuum Marinating in FoodSaver-Type Bags - Myth?
    ... Now the high dollar vacuum ... cabinets can do it..but not the cheaper Food Saver/Twila type systems.- ... I'd expect that the marinade will get in the food not with ... vacuum, but with the pressure rising again: suck air out with a vacuum, ...
    (alt.food.barbecue)
  • Re: Food Tumbler -- do you need this?
    ... the combination of vacuum and tumbling ... Vacuum tumbling marinating is the norm in industrial scale food ... Tumbling allows you to use less marinade since it tumbles ...
    (rec.food.cooking)
  • Re: Vacuum Marinating in FoodSaver-Type Bags - Myth?
    ... Now the high dollar vacuum ... I'd expect that the marinade will get in the food not with the ... vacuum, but with the pressure rising again: suck air out with a vacuum, marinade ...
    (alt.food.barbecue)
  • Re: Adventures with Seal-A-Meal
    ... I always wondered where does the liquid go. ... I've heard that vacuum sealing meat and marinade cuts the marinading time ...
    (rec.food.cooking)
  • Re: Vacuum Marinator
    ... Edwin Pawlowski wrote: ... Then make the exact same thing an vacuum seal it and see which takes up more of the liquid. ... Vacuum opens the muscle fibers allowing marinade to penetrate. ... Try putting a balloon in a box and they draw a vacuum. ...
    (alt.food.barbecue)