Re: Got it working from my browser,,,

Mike "Piedmont" wrote:

Forgive, I'm not sure that I understand your suggestion of going
HTML, I posted them so that they would open in a word processor so
that anyone could easily download and print out. I wasn't focused on
displaying them on the web site.

That means that whoever reads them has to have a word processor that
can read that particular document.

Question: If they were in HTML, how would that work? As far as ease
of downloading to a word processor so they can be printed out, or
saved on a persons pc for reference. (which was my main concern)

Any MS Word document can be saved as HTML, and it will be more or less
similar to the original doc. The HTML produced is normally crappy, but
often better than nothing for those who aren't familiar with page
design.

It's possible Steve has done that for you already, maybe even cleaned
up the code.

Brian

won't shut up.

  • Re: My Library _passes_ TaskSpeed in IE < 7
    ... The overwhelming majority of Word users create documents, mailing labels, letters, fax cover sheets, form letters, etc. ... InDesign can create letters with a bit more effort than Word and the end result is actually ever so slightly better. ... If they want to publish HTML with their word processor and want a decent end result they're gonna have to avoid Word entirely. ... A few will naively or lazily still use Word for HTML, and the word processing purists will freak out and use that webpage as evidence why Word should be destroyed. ...
    (comp.lang.javascript)
  • Re: Cross-referencing
    ... a word processor with cross-referencing; that would be a nice feature to ... It would not be difficult to add such a feature to a markup language like HTML. ... You might even use Microsoft Word, with its cross-referencing features, and produce HTML from it. ...
    (comp.infosystems.www.authoring.html)
  • Re: OT: putting it all together
    ... retaining an exact copy is very important. ... to make pdfs available for those who want them, ... That an openoffice.doc would open in any word processor. ... That more people would know how to deal with an x.doc than how to manipulate HTML. ...
    (alt.food.barbecue)
  • Re: Microsoft Word 2003 and html
    ... Exactly!If you need to adjust the spacing of any block element like P, adjust 'margin' and 'padding' in the stylesheet. ... "decent" HTML, I was saying that it's better to use notepad and HTML to generate pages in the first place. ... And as with printed versions you would not use the word processor to directly layout a book one should not use it to layout a webpage. ...
    (alt.html)
  • Re: Compuserve closing, need to relocate website
    ... Another word processor that can save to HTML is Open Office: ... All of them used to be registered at Gandi. ...
    (sci.electronics.design)