Re: Got it working from my browser,,,

On Thu, 09 Mar 2006 08:11:21 -0600, "Mike \"Piedmont\""
<AskMe@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Forgive, I'm not sure that I understand your suggestion of going HTML, I
posted them so that they would open in a word processor so that anyone
could easily download and print out. I wasn't focused on displaying them
on the web site.

Words and pretty pictures on the web should be in HTML. If retaining
formatting is absolutely necessary, then there's always <spit> .PDF.

Replace your current page with this one:

http://www.webpak.net/~rescyou/bbq2/download.htm

Then go here:

http://www.webpak.net/~rescyou/bbq2/download2.htm

and download the four .PDF versions of the Word docs. Upload them into
the same directory on your site that the Word docs are in.

Those .PDFs don't want to open in Mozilla or IE, but they open fine on
my local drive. Don't know why and don't have time to figure it out.
You might need to create new .PDFs from the Word docs with PDF995, a
free printer driver for making .PDFs (www.pdf995.com).

Question: If they were in HTML, how would that work? As far as ease of
downloading to a word processor so they can be printed out, or saved on
a persons pc for reference. (which was my main concern)

  • Re: Red Hat website error
    ... I even emailed RHN support and they said that it ... I needed to download some PDFs from their web site. ...
    (RedHat)
  • Re: Kindle
    ... I think I'm still right in saying Kindle has the largest source of materials - and its got access to Gutenberg (free to download out of copyright stuff). ... You can also download to the computer and then to Kindle, you can read PDFs and Word docs (so you could download Gutenberg and Internet Archive docs PDFs and Word which aren't Kindled. ...
    (uk.media.radio.archers)
  • Re: file downloads as .asp
    ... downloading additional .PDFs from them at a future time). ... Safari, Camino, or Firefox will download .PDFs with the correct naming. ...
    (microsoft.public.mac.explorer)
  • RE: [PHP] Downloads for subsrcibers only
    ... Then authenticate your pdf directory against that ... bypassing all your 'subscription' security. ... I made this site in PHP that has a page with some PDFs to download. ...
    (php.general)
  • Re: OT: putting it all together
    ... retaining an exact copy is very important. ... to make pdfs available for those who want them, ... That an openoffice.doc would open in any word processor. ... That more people would know how to deal with an x.doc than how to manipulate HTML. ...
    (alt.food.barbecue)