Knock It Off
- From: jseglin <jseglin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2007 12:41:22 -0700
You swore that you'd never do it. But, while you're on a trip to
mainland China, your tour guide has taken your group to a spot where
you can buy products that are clearly made to look like designer
goods ... but aren't. $200 "designer" handbags go for $25. Those
pricey fountain pens you love, but can hardly afford, sell for only
$4. They're fakes, of course, but they look exactly like the real
You know that the knock-offs are illegal, but more than half the
people in your group are loading up on them. One fellow buys a
"designer" suitcase to lug home all the stuff he's bought. You know
members of other tour groups before yours, and they've had no trouble
bringing such products home.
You're really tempted by that $4 fountain pen, knowing that the real
thing would run at least $350 back home. Would you buy one little
something for yourself? And maybe something for a loved one? And a
friend? Or would you absolutely stick to your guns and buy nothing?
Send your thoughts to rightthing@xxxxxxxxxxx or post at
Please include your name, your hometown and state or province.
Readers' comments may appear in an upcoming column.
- Prev by Date: Nike Shox - Nike Shox R4 Nike shoes ***
- Next by Date: Nike Air Max | Nike Air Max Shoes| Nike Air MAX trainers | Nike Air Max running Shoes | Nike Air Max Trainning Shoes | Cheap Nike Air Max Discount
- Previous by thread: Nike Shox - Nike Shox R4 Nike shoes ***
- Next by thread: Nike Air Max | Nike Air Max Shoes| Nike Air MAX trainers | Nike Air Max running Shoes | Nike Air Max Trainning Shoes | Cheap Nike Air Max Discount