Re: Chanel Black Satin: a new lemming item?

jrogow wrote:
"EMiriamD" <emiriamd@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
So, it looks like Chanel is looking to repeat its outrageous 1994
success with Vamp nail color-- except now it's called Black Satin.
Vamp was probably the first serious lemming item I can think of that
drove everyone wild with product desire. It was instantly popularized
when Uma Thurman wore it in "Pulp Fiction." Women had to put their
names on waiting lists at Chanel counters; some tried bribing SA's to
sell them the testers--or else just stole the testers, according to
newspaper reports at the time.

Are we going to seriously covet Black Satin?

~Black~ nail polish . . . why?

That's what so many said at the time...and then promptly succumbed. I
don't especially feel like deviating from my standard pale Essie colors
but who knows? Maybe the universe needs a new Goth moment...

  • Re: Chanel Black Satin: a new lemming item?
    ... success with Vamp nail color-- except now it's called Black Satin. ... drove everyone wild with product desire. ... Are we going to seriously covet Black Satin? ...
    (alt.fashion)
  • Re: Chanel Black Satin: a new lemming item?
    ... success with Vamp nail color-- except now it's called Black Satin. ... Are we going to seriously covet Black Satin? ... Maybe the universe needs a new Goth moment... ... Anyone over 22 who wears "Goth" needs help IMHO. ...
    (alt.fashion)
  • Re: Chanel Black Satin: a new lemming item?
    ... success with Vamp nail color-- except now it's called Black Satin. ... Vamp was probably the first serious lemming item I can think of that ... drove everyone wild with product desire. ... Are we going to seriously covet Black Satin? ...
    (alt.fashion)
  • Chanel Black Satin: a new lemming item?
    ... it looks like Chanel is looking to repeat its outrageous 1994 ... success with Vamp nail color-- except now it's called Black Satin. ... Are we going to seriously covet Black Satin? ...
    (alt.fashion)
  • Re: Chanel Black Satin: a new lemming item?
    ... success with Vamp nail color-- except now it's called Black Satin. ... Vamp was probably the first serious lemming item I can think of that ... Are we going to seriously covet Black Satin? ...
    (alt.fashion)