Re: Wearing white?.....does it really make you look fat?

i don't wear white anywhere near my hips, unless i have a darker jacket that
is at least below hip length.

--

Do we need to impeach Bush to bring some focus to this man's life?
The man was lost and then he was found and now he's more lost than ever,

"ami kio" <kio@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
On 3/2/06 4:30 PM, in article
29054-4407720B-279@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Wendy"
<wendyandbrent@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Here's a question.....does white really make a person look bigger? Is it
really the least slimming and unflattering of all colors?

I would love to have some white garments; maybe a white coat for spring,
some white terry pants for casual wear, but I am afraid of the color
because I thought black is supposed to be very forgiving and white is
supposed to automatically make you look huge. LOL.

What's the real story, a.f.?

Assuming the fabric and cut are identical except for color, IMO white does
make you fatter. You have to be more conscientious of material (avoid
broad
expanse of shiny) and cut (want body skimming).

ami

  • Aneurism Repairs are not all happy
    ... But those exaggerated emotions have suddenly been sorted and I find myself ... So far since Christmas I have lost 7lbs. ... inside the hips instead of under my ribs. ... very thick but at least they're beginning to look like nails again. ...
    (uk.people.silversurfers)
  • Re: Chair for back pain
    ... have been swimming a lot and eating less. ... Lost 20 plus, and 55 more to ... Doc's orders, I have 2 bad hips, and one bad knee. ... Good for you on the weight loss, especially on the swimming.. ...
    (rec.crafts.woodturning)