Re: Diamonds -- Yet another overrated item
- From: "KarenCannoli" <XFrayed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2005 19:52:25 -0800
"mjoann" <xtcmusicfan@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> Beachcomber wrote:
>> Women being women... in general, and in most cases, want you to be
>> extremely frivolous with your money and buy them that ring. In fact,
>> they want you to be frivolous until it hurts.
> I must not be very womanly, because I refuse to own a diamond ring. De Beers is a
> disgusting monopoly, and I have to stick with my ethics. Actually, all gemstone
> mines are pretty scammy, but de Beers wins by far.
> Even if de Beers was the greatest company in the world, spending even a week's
> salary on an engagement ring is a waste.
Add me to the non-womanly faction as well. Diamonds to nothing at
all for me.
- Prev by Date: Re: Warm stylish Winter Coat in Toronto...?
- Next by Date: Re: What did *YOU* cook for Thanksgiving?
- Previous by thread: Re: Diamonds -- Yet another overrated item
- Next by thread: Toeless socks?