Re: R2D2

In article <1132711054.180499.70490@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
bruno@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> fish wrote:
> > Is it just me or did R2D2 suddenly got a case of old age arthritis?
> >
> > From episode III where R2 leaps out of Anakin's star fighter to episode IV
> > where R2 needs a crane to hoist him in his wheelchair.
>
> How many machines do you know that have been in use for over 30 years
> ? Quite frankly, I find it surprising that R2 has not been
> "decommissioned" yet by the time of ANH.

If the Republic had continued normally, then R2 may well have been
"decommissioned", but under the Empire's rule there hasn't been much in
the way of technological advancement (unless it was for the Empire's
own military use), so a lot of the old equipment has continued to be be
patched and repaired.

  • Re: FMA 28 - All is One, One is All
    ... > Episode 28 - All is One, ... and a big reason why I really don't like Izumi. ... > too much for them and they decided to fish instead. ... grinning (or is that a strangely grinning) boy emerge ...
    (rec.arts.anime.misc)
  • Re: Thoughts on episode #6
    ... a giant platter of steaks and all the fix'ns (virtually every episode ... So that's one meal for half the contestants every three days ... They certainly don't need Ozzie to fish since they are getting one meal ...
    (alt.tv.survivor)
  • Re: OLTL: What Happened To......?
    ... today's episode was "One Fish, Two Fish, Rex Fish, Sky Fish" ... LOL - honestly, with titles like that, why keep them a secret now? ... care less but getting rid of the onscreen titles really has me sad. ...
    (rec.arts.tv.soaps.abc)
  • Re: After watching Eps. III & IV
    ... > fish wrote: ... but I actually like Episode III better than IV. ... I'm mid-30s and like both AOTC and ROTS better than ANH. ... Prev by Date: ...
    (alt.fan.starwars)
  • Re: The Star Wars TV series will be the Next Big Thing in genre TV
    ... Obi Wans failure to recognize R2D2 in episode 4. ... Presumably R2-D2 actually belongs to the Jedi Order, and not to Obi-Wan ... Luke that Anakin had wanted Luke to have his lightsabre when he was old ...
    (rec.arts.sf.starwars.misc)