This Dave in History - July 5

1983: Delores Lillehaugen reads the Happy Ramblers Homemakers Club
creed over the phone to a teary-eyed audience.

1983: The Great Humidifier vs. Dehumidifier Controversy between
stagehands Jimmy Fitzgerald and Tommy Casabona. Both machines run
throughout the show, causing headaches for the audio crew.

1988: With the writers' strike still on, Dave invites barber Jerry
Wujick on the show to shave his face. He nicks Dave below the ear.

1988: Top Ten Really Nice Things About New York in the Summer - 6.
Warm, thin air enables stray bullets to travel farther.

1994: Coast to Coast with Mujibur and Sirajul: Tonight, in the
nation's capitol, they knock on portable toilets, kiss babies, ride a
merry-go-round, pose with cardboard cutouts of the Clintons outside
Thomas Jefferson Memorial, and finally deliver their report in front
of the White House with "Sox" the cat and Connie Chung.

1994: Dave sings "It's a a damm good ham ..."

1994: In a clip from Los Angeles, Dave teaches his cat to surf.

1996: Dave invites the woman whose seat is blocked by Rob's podium to
sit with the band.

1996: Dave and Biff visit Howard Stern's radio show and give him a
Westinghouse dishwasher.

1996: Top Ten Ways Bob Dole Celebrated the Fourth of July - 1. Same as
always: kegs `n' babes.

  • Re: You may have read about a gruesome murder here first
    ... I'll feel terribly guilty if Dave doesn't make it but there's a nasty ... When it was all settled down I couldn't get back to sleep so this ... This is the one who is a cat ...
    (rec.pets.cats.anecdotes)
  • You may have read about a gruesome murder here first
    ... I'll feel terribly guilty if Dave doesn't make it but there's a nasty ... When it was all settled down I couldn't get back to sleep so this ... This is the one who is a cat ...
    (rec.pets.cats.anecdotes)
  • Fangu Meowmie
    ... Xmas morning...not particularly festive- Dave woke up and said...was ... The cat box needs doing ... litter and I'll do it when I get up" (It's not bad but Sarsi has VERY ... so much as looked at it) and wanting serious skritchies, ...
    (rec.pets.cats.anecdotes)
  • What the...(Not OT)
    ... I've never been so laid into by a cat before after about ... for a cigarette" Dave said "Don't you'll have to get past her" I ... I admit having not seen Bonnie since this started I began to have some ... was soon and this morning Sarsi is her usual self. ...
    (rec.pets.cats.anecdotes)
  • Re: Ive seen you before (not OT)
    ... what Bast and the Mothership are playing at..... ... Dave in hospital and we were ... whence kittens fury was verbally vented- several people could not ... London but back in South Africa they'd done feral cat rescue. ...
    (rec.pets.cats.anecdotes)