This Dave in History - June 25

1985: Chris Elliott makes his second appearance as Roger Campbell, The
Fugitive Guy, in an episode titled "Cue for Murder."

1986: In honor of the upcoming grand re-opening of the Statue of
Liberty, Nine-year-old Donna Vivino (Little Miss Liberty) sings "New
York, New York."

1991: Paul is seen in a promotional clip of "Robin Hood."

1991: Top Ten Signs John Sununu Is About To Be Fired - 4. In 1560,
Nostradamus wrote, "A fat guy with a funny name will fly free and get
fired."

1992: Late Night is interrupted by a news bulletin, reporting on a man
in Michigan who had signed up for NBC's Olympic Triplecast Pay-Per-
View. The report is proved false.

1992: Top Ten Surprises in the United Nations - 8. When reaching
sexual climax, 45% of women shout the word, "Ebert."

1993: David Letterman tapes his last "Late Night With David Letterman"
for NBC before moving to CBS two months later. Last guests: Tom “Stop
Bendin’ the Shafts!” Hanks and Bruce “Glory Days” Springsteen. The
last song performed by Paul Shaffer and The World's Most Dangerous
Band: "We Gotta Get Outta This Place" by The Animals.

The Final Show 1993: Top Ten Things I Have To Do Before I Leave NBC -
3. Get one more cheap laugh by saying the word "Buttafuoco."

1996: "Bill Clinton's" motorcade is seen picking up girls from
Flashdancers.

1996: Guest Bruce Willis shows a clip of his striptease act in front
of Dave and other guys.

1996: Dave ballroom dances with New Jersey Governor Christine Todd
Whitman.

1997: It's 91 degrees outside, so Biff watches ice melt on the
sidewalk.

1997: Top Ten Space Alien Pick-Up Lines - 1. Hi, I'm Michael Jackson.

  • Re: Hitler is not pleased that Leno is taking Tonight Show from Conan
    ... and NBC guard accesses to their shows for the US viewers only. ... When David Letterman changed from Dave of LNwDL to Mr. Letterman ... regarded him as a condescending and arrogant East Coaster, a network ... Zucker is a master at managing up with bosses and calculating cost-per- ...
    (alt.fan.letterman)
  • OT: Paul Shaffer Live from The Hard Rock Cafe, WLS June 1, 1986
    ... the Musical Director for David Letterman did a monthly radio show from The ... hosted "Live from the Hard Rock Cafe" once a month, from June 1985 to August 1986. ... The late NBC staff announcer Bill Wendell (d. ...
    (alt.fan.letterman)
  • Re: Jay Leno
    ... New York Times story in the 1980s, he backstabs his former best friend ... David Letterman and snakes the Tonight Show from him, ... 9PM CDT time slot which pretty much assures that Conan will get ... his old timeslot back and NBC is giving it to him. ...
    (rec.sport.football.college)
  • Re: Worlds Best Shuffle?
    ... One of the highlights of the old David Letterman show on NBC for me was ... Steve Jordan playing the Late Night theme, which of course is a shuffle. ...
    (rec.music.makers.percussion)