Re: Jay Leno

R H Draney <dadoctah@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in
news:hojpvb02pkt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:

Sally filted:

On Mar 26, 4:57=EF=BF=BDpm, R H Draney <dadoc...@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Twibil filted:

On Mar 26, 11:36=3DA0am, R H Draney <dadoc...@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

You should have changed more than just the one line to customize
it to=
th=3D
subject...the bit about "frown, and wrinkled lip, and sneer of
cold co=
mma=3D
nd" is
just begging for a "giant chin" reference....r

Feel free. Shelly won't object.

(In truth I thought of substituting "look upon my works, oh Conan,
and despair" for the "look upon my works, ye mighty" line, but I
had a customer pounding at the front door right then and needs
must.)

A visitor from Porlock, no doubt....

No, wait...that was Coleridge, not Shelley...I always mix those two
up...=
.r

Well, I took another look, and it appears it has rained a bit on the
desert...there are more posters than before, some names that are
familiar to us....but it may be a mirage, if Jay disappears in some
karmic swing. Btw, Pete, that poem you quoted really conveys a feeling
like the fall of Rome or something, and I liked it. If Jay falls, will
it be with a big crash or a whimper, I wonder?

I note that there are no groups containing the strings "conan",
"kimmel", "fallon" or "carson*daly"...there is an
"alt.binaries.kings.regis" with a grand total of six messages in it,
but I don't think it's about Mr Philbin (a number of other groups
contain the string "regis", but only as part of the word "register" or
a derivative thereof)....r

There is alt.fan.conan-obrien

  • Re: Jay Leno
    ... despair" for the "look upon my works, ye mighty" line, but I had a ... customer pounding at the front door right then and needs must.) ... familiar to us....but it may be a mirage, if Jay disappears in some ...
    (alt.fan.letterman)