Re: REPEATS ALL NEXT WEEK!!!

On Oct 15, 8:18 pm, Steve <steve31...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Oct 15, 12:40 am, Donz5 <do...@xxxxxxx> wrote:

On Oct 15, 12:09 am, Steve <steve31...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Oct 14, 8:01 pm, Donz5 <do...@xxxxxxx> wrote:

On Oct 14, 7:21 pm, Maybe <Maybeso...@xxxxxxx> wrote:

On Oct 14, 12:14 pm, mjsmith <mikejaysm...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Heard on Inside Edition that Dave is taking next week off to work on
his marriage.

That's crap.  Dave is taking next week off because it is a normally
scheduled dark week.

Maybe...I'm sure Donz can give the schedule of normally scheduled dark
weeks and next week is one of them.

The initial post doesn't specifically claim cause/effect -- that next
week's break is due to Dave's personal life. Inside Edition is
reportedly claiming only that the dark week will be devoted to Dave
"working on his marriage."

With the exception of its first year, LS has always had a dark week
either a week or two weeks before November sweeps.

Week breaks in October:

2009: 19-23
2008: 20-24
2007: 22-26
2006: 16-20
2005: 10/27-11/2 (Th-W)
2004: 25-29
2003: 20-24
2002: 221-25
2001: 22-26
2000: 23-27
1999: 18-22
1998: 12-16
1997: 20-24
1996: 14-18
1995: 9-13
1994: 17-21
1993: no break; 14 consecutive weeks of new shows since debut

How many weeks off per year does the LS take these days?

1993: 1 (shouldn't count, since the show began in late August and went
the 14 straight weeks before its only break of the year)
1994: 9 (plus two weeks of 3-days/week of new shows during March
Madness)
1995: 8 (+ MM)
1996: 9 (+ MM)
1997: 9 (+ MM)
1998: 9 (+ 1 week MM, plus 12/24 + 25)
1999: 10
2000: 11 (skewed due to massive heart attack)
2001: 11 (+ MM)
2002: 10 (+ MM)
2003: 12 (+ MM; shingles year)
2004: 11 (+ MM + 3-day Golf week)
2005: 12 (+ MM + 3-day Golf week)
2006: 12 (+ MM)
2007: 10 (+ MM; before 8-week writers' strike starting 11/5)
2008: 11 (+ MM)
2009: 9 (+ MM; up to and including next week)

Thanks for the info.  So a minimum of 11 weeks/year (+ MM)
for each complete year going back to 2003.  Nice schedule!

Are you saying they did new shows during MM in 1999?

I should have been clearer: LS was in full two-week repeats during MM
that year.
.