Re: McCain-Palin

Dave Sikula wrote:

On Sep 15, 12:00 pm, "Bill Kawalec" <billkawa...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

yawwwwwwwnnnnnnn
Survey US governors the day before the interview, and I'll bet at least 48
would be cluless. It's not like it's a LAW. It's merely a stance that
evolves over the course of an administration.
and, the answer is, if there is *reliable* evidence that we were about to be
attacked, it is the **duty** of our leader to defend.

Well, there it is. But Bush didn't have "reliable" evidence that Iraq
was about to attack, and his invasion wasn't exactly a defense. On the
other hand, when he -did- have reliable evidence on August 8 that "Bin
Laden was poised to attack," he did nothing but tell the briefer he'd
"covered his ass."

I agree, though, that the whole "Bush Doctrine" thing will strike many
voters as inside baseball.

In related news: Sarah Palin's next big sit-down will be with Sean Hannity. There'll probably be a lot of questions like the following.

'So, how old were you when you realized you were destined for greatness?'

Brady

  • Re: McCain-Palin
    ... would be cluless. ... It's not like it's a LAW. ... when he -did- have reliable evidence on August 8 that "Bin ... Laden was poised to attack," he did nothing but tell the briefer he'd ...
    (alt.fan.letterman)
  • Re: McCain-Palin
    ... It's not like it's a LAW. ... when he -did- have reliable evidence on August 8 that "Bin ... Laden was poised to attack," he did nothing but tell the briefer he'd ... So American's Best Christian, Betty Bowers, is known to this ng also? ...
    (alt.fan.letterman)
  • Re: McCain-Palin
    ... It's not like it's a LAW. ... when he -did- have reliable evidence on August 8 that "Bin ... Laden was poised to attack," he did nothing but tell the briefer he'd ... no one listens to Hannity for hard news. ...
    (alt.fan.letterman)
  • Re: *Mission Accomplished* 4 year anniversary today
    ... Only those nations beholden to America or which could be bribed by promises of its largesse or threats of withdrawal of the same took part in that attack, ... Well, he was one of my Constitutional Law professors at Columbia Law School, but that is not relevant here. ... I think, on the whole, most nations felt that the invasion of Afghanistan to root out Al-Qaeda was not an unreasonable response to the attacks. ...
    (rec.arts.mystery)
  • Re: Not OT: The little shit racist Hussein Obama
    ... the border minutemen do not take the law into ... My family in south Texas have been major employers of illegal aliens ... People still commit suicide and attack one another by the available ... America is batting no better than .500 on the honorable side for wars ...
    (rec.music.classical.guitar)