Re: Second Weekend in March Time Wasting Thread

Brady wrote:
What's happenin', people? It was snowing a little bit here last night. It's already melted.

We got some snow last night, but now it's the mixed precipitation, snow / sleet / freezing rain. I'd rather have all snow. Ice is just a pain.

So, what are *you* all doing this weekend?

I'll be doing as little as possible over the weekend. As of today, I am officially on spring break. I have grading (etc.) to do over the break, and will do my taxes (it's an annual Spring Break tradition), and a colleague and I will do some work on the classroom computers that we maintain. Other than that, I'll be catching up on sleep, watching programs off the DVR, and goofing off generally. Hopefully I can finally lick this lingering cold that I have had all week.

--
HPR

http://homepages.together.net/~hpr/daveorama/

  • Global Butt-Warming Hoax - Northeasterners slip and slide in snow, sleet and freezing rain
    ... NEW YORK - Snow, sleet and freezing rain created dangerously ... combining over the Northeast, one from the Midwest and one from the ...
    (alt.politics)
  • Re: Sleet vs. freezing rain?
    ... Freezing rain is supercooled rain that freezes on impact. ... generally melted and refrozen snow. ... I thought it only worked after the storm. ... Freezing rain or sleet will melt if there is ...
    (misc.transport.road)
  • Re: not so OT--It snowed!!
    ... I wanna move where you are. ... We're due for several days of snow, sleet and freezing rain. ...
    (rec.equestrian)
  • OT-Georgia Weather
    ... When I lived 2 hours northeast of here we got our weather systems in ... Here they don't know how to deal with snow and ice. ... Does anyone know the difference between freezing rain and sleet? ...
    (rec.crafts.textiles.needlework)
  • Re: My March Florida Trip
    ... accompanied by sleet, freezing rain, and snow. ... Beautiful here today, got some pics of the eclipse last night (invisible ...
    (rec.scuba)