Re: OT: So who went shopping today?

"dsikula@xxxxxxxxx" wrote:

On Nov 23, 9:10 am, bostonbill41 <bostonbil...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Horror stroies about fist fights in the mall parking lots.

My niece had to be at her job at one of the outlet stores by 3am and
work a 12 hour shift.

Hope she's getting overtime.

Wild horses couldn't drag me into a store today. I have no intentions
of doing any shopping other than for groceries over the next week.

Plans for today? I returned a bicycle and a cash register I borrowed
for my last show, and will go to the movies tonight ("Michael
Clayton") and dinner afterwards (possibly buffalo burgers).

--Dake Sikula

In a little while, I'm going to the Barnes & Noble in the shopping
area nearby. It's it own store not in a mall. Then going out to dinner.

Can anyone suggest a good book to give to someone who likes
history/current events. I'm thinking of the Stephen Colbert book,
a book about the US in Iraq called Imperial Life in the Emerald
City (it's supposed to be good, anyone here read it?), new Dilbert
cartoon books and various Carl Hiaasen books.

  • Re: Melrose Heights - L.A. shopping
    ... Guess I wll be going shopping!! ... > The shopping district known as Melrose Heights is not as obvious as ... > And yet Melrose Heights has emerged as L.A.'s hottest retail thoroughfare ... The store might be empty sometimes, ...
    (alt.fashion)
  • Getting designer and comfortable ladies sandals on the internet
    ... you buy them from your local store. ... money by shopping ladies sandals online. ... You can indulge in online shopping ...
    (alt.fashion)
  • Re: LQS Complaints--Other shoe; same foot.
    ... My Mother would take ALL 8 of us shopping with her...our hands were IN OUR ... POCKETS or we sat in the car if we didn't(sometimes dad was there waiting ... We learned at an EARLY AGE that yelling, running, touching was NOT ALLOWED. ... one store where the owner would give EACH of us a candy bar just before we ...
    (rec.crafts.textiles.quilting)
  • Re: Aldi
    ... it's a store for smart people who want to save some money... ... Ultra is far from my favorite store but I've shopped ... chops range from $2.89 to $3.69 at Aldi. ... My personal shopping plan type thing is to shop loss leaders at the chains, and fill in the gaps with Aldi stuff. ...
    (rec.food.cooking)
  • Re: OT: electric motor brush WTF
    ... I prefer to smell it before I buy it. ... We have local production for that, so if the store has adequate turnover, it's not a problem, but I don't keep it for long and store opened bags in the freezer. ... The net is that our "staples" are pretty low on the food chain, which makes grocery shopping more a matter of handling bulk goods than carefully picking delicacies. ...
    (rec.bicycles.tech)