Re: Second Weekend in Oct. Time Wasting Thread

Rod Fernandez wrote:

Brady wrote:
So what's happenin', people?

I'm on call, but I did have enough time to make this:

White Chili
1 lb. boneless chicken breasts cut into 1/2 inch cubes
1 medium onion, chopped
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
2 cans northern beans, rinsed
1 can chicken broth
2 cans chopped green chilies (one can is plenty, trust me)
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. ground cumino
1 tsp. oregano
1/2 tsp. pepper
1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
1 cup sour cream
(optional: 1/2 cup whipped cream)

In a large saucepan, saute chicken, onion, and garlic powder in oil
until chicken is no longer pink. Add beans, broth, chilies, and
seasonings. Bring to a boil. Simmer uncovered for 30 minutes.
Remove from heat and stir in sour cream.

Thank me later.

Sounds tasty.

When all is said & done, is the sour cream (very) pronounced? And do you eat it with crackers?

Brady
.