Re: Second Weekend in Oct. Time Wasting Thread

Rod Fernandez wrote:

Brady wrote:
So what's happenin', people?

I'm on call, but I did have enough time to make this:

White Chili
1 lb. boneless chicken breasts cut into 1/2 inch cubes
1 medium onion, chopped
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
2 cans northern beans, rinsed
1 can chicken broth
2 cans chopped green chilies (one can is plenty, trust me)
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. ground cumino
1 tsp. oregano
1/2 tsp. pepper
1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
1 cup sour cream
(optional: 1/2 cup whipped cream)

In a large saucepan, saute chicken, onion, and garlic powder in oil
until chicken is no longer pink. Add beans, broth, chilies, and
seasonings. Bring to a boil. Simmer uncovered for 30 minutes.
Remove from heat and stir in sour cream.

Thank me later.

Sounds tasty.

When all is said & done, is the sour cream (very) pronounced? And do you eat it with crackers?

Brady

  • Re: Second Weekend in Oct. Time Wasting Thread
    ... medium onion, chopped ... Tablespoon vegetable oil ... In a large saucepan, saute chicken, onion, and garlic powder in oil ... Remove from heat and stir in sour cream. ...
    (alt.fan.letterman)
  • Re: Second Weekend in Nov. Time Wasting Thread
    ... medium onion, chopped ... Tablespoon vegetable oil ... cans northern beans, rinsed ... In a large saucepan, saute chicken, onion, and garlic powder in oil ...
    (alt.fan.letterman)
  • Re: Second Weekend in Nov. Time Wasting Thread
    ... medium onion, chopped ... Tablespoon vegetable oil ... In a large saucepan, saute chicken, onion, and garlic powder in oil ... Remove from heat and stir in sour cream. ...
    (alt.fan.letterman)
  • Re: Second Weekend in Nov. Time Wasting Thread
    ... medium onion, chopped ... Tablespoon vegetable oil ... In a large saucepan, saute chicken, onion, and garlic powder in oil ... can of Old El Paso chopped green chiles and one 7 oz. ...
    (alt.fan.letterman)
  • Re: Second Weekend in Oct. Time Wasting Thread
    ... medium onion, chopped ... Remove from heat and stir in sour cream. ... For dessert we're having apple cake. ... Bring to a boil and simmer for 5 minutes, ...
    (alt.fan.letterman)