Re: Weekend Time Wasting Thread
- From: Donz5 <donz5@xxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 09 Sep 2007 11:56:56 -0700
On Sep 9, 1:56 pm, iamh2o...@xxxxxxxxx (Steve Curtis) wrote:
(Steve Curtis) wrote:
"Donz5" wrote:eh, it's holding 2min 100's, not that
Oops; it wasn't the second annualA 2-mile open water swim in 37m 25
Brooklyn Bridge Swim but rather the
third annual Governors Island Swim.
And my fellow building tenant finished
first among both men and women.
sec is pretty impressive for anyone in
that particular venue.
2 minute 100's in a pool would not be that great, but in open-water,
especially in that particular venue, for two miles when considering
the conditions (chop, temperature, etc.), the time is still impressive.
Do you yourself swim? Do you know about the preparation and training
required for an open-water swim? It's definitely different than doing
laps in a pool.
- Prev by Date: Re: Joke idea for show
- Next by Date: Re: Weekend Time Wasting Thread
- Previous by thread: Re: Weekend Time Wasting Thread
- Next by thread: Re: Weekend Time Wasting Thread