Re: TR 8/2 Big Show Synopsis

On Aug 3, 5:38 am, Brady <watercl...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hey, how's it goin'? At least it's Friday. Here we go ...

*COLD OPEN*
I just said 'grrr.' So, what *was* last night's cold open?

Dave and Jude are standing next to each other backstage. Dave says,
"how do I look?" Jude replies, (something like) "First let's talk
about how you smell." Dave says (something like) "Well, you know...a
lot of people stink."
(And did everyone at that moment add - like I did - "like sheets!")

*DESK CHAT HIGHLIGHTS OF THE NIGHT*
Highlight # 1: Piping in Jamba Juice directly to Dave's desk from all
the way across the street.

"Definitely!!" (Did this girl call Dave "Dude"? or was I hearing
things?"

Highlight # 3: Dave's surprise critique-evaluation by Ted from Human
Resources.

Loved it. That guy is great.

*JACKIE CHAN*
He was a pretty good guest. The 'busted finger under the blanket' story
was pretty funny. I'm not saying it was a *substantive* interview, mind
you -- just that he was pretty funny; pretty good & funny. I'm just
gonna keep saying 'pretty.'

Every story he tells is really funny - it's a combination of his
enthusiasm and crazy accent.

*CHELSEA HANDLER*
Well, I don't think she struck out. Still, I was a bit underwhelmed by
this appearance. Her new show is "Chelsea Lately" on E! Entertainment
Television.

Every story she told was NOT funny. She needs more enthusiasm and a
crazy accent.

*MICHAEL BUBLE*
This was an OK performance. I think. Actually, I'll need to go to the
tape before commenting further or before speculating on 'WDHD?' The
album is "Call Me Irresponsible."

I wonder if cocktails were served during his performance. My friend
Randi adores him, but as long as Tony Bennett is around, who needs
Michael?

*MISCELLANEOUS MEANDERING*
So what's happenin', people? Do you *have* exciting and/or unusual plans
for the weekend? I'll probably attend a local street fair on Saturday. I
guess it's considered a 'street fair.' Whatever they call it, it's an
event the local town puts on about once a month or so, maybe every other
weekend, during which they close off streets and have music & booths &
vendors and so forth and so on. Hopefully someone will be selling funnel
cakes.

My son David is taking the written test for his driving permit Sat.
morning. Everyone telepathically wish him good luck!

  • Re: TR 9/11 Big Show Synopsis
    ... - Dave giving away a free dinner to a woman in the audience. ... but add that neither was particularly funny. ... "You know that hothead crackpot Bill O'Reilly? ... you see his interview with Barack Obama? ...
    (alt.fan.letterman)
  • Mon. 5/5, Tues. 5/6 Big Show Synopses
    ... I'm going to say that the 'Desk Chat, Act II Highlight of the Night' was ... Dave talking about his weekend flight back to New York. ... The flight attendant responded, "I'll bet it's because this is New York." ... has PETA taken a stand regarding the consumption of animal crackers? ...
    (alt.fan.letterman)
  • Re: Crashs Weekly Observations: CWO for week ending 7-18-08
    ... Guests -- Watching Dave do his interviews this week, ... Somebody failing is ultimately more funny then Mark Odger ... Not only are we repeating jokes, ...
    (alt.fan.letterman)
  • RE: Sum Cells Based on Condition (2 problems)
    ... "Dave Y" wrote: ... I have a spreadsheet that is used to calculate a persons YTD Gross Income. ... Conditional Formatting to highlight any duplicate rows with the exception of ... entries. ...
  • Tues. 4/1 Big Show Synopsis
    ... let's just say the highlight of the first two segments was ... ... Dave threw one that was "on its way to Albany." ... McCain claims he was merely pointing out that it's not about having troops in a country -- it's about *casualties*. ...
    (alt.fan.letterman)