Re: Tues. 4/10 Big Show Synopsis

From what I've heard, which may not be, I am well aware, the whole
story, the suspension is by MSNBC, and CBS Radio has yet to announce any
action. I'm not yet convinced that neither MSNBC nor CBS will cave to
the pressures. Imus, of course, knows there's no such thing as bad
publicity...<

My take on this is, it's a huge over-reaction. Nothing against the fine
women of Rutgers. I hate when Sharpton gets involved. Its nothing worse
than Stern has ever said or done and I am NOT defending what Imus said.
The fact that it is still dominating the news channels is beyond me.
By the way I think Imus' main employer is CBS Radio.

Bill

  • CBS cans Imus
    ... CBS, which carried Imus on 61 radio stations, had originally ... Rutgers University told CNN it would not comment on CBS' decision. ...
    (soc.men)
  • Nappy-Headed Hos at CBS Bend Over, Give Imus Secretly Huge Pile of $$$ to Stop Kicking Their Ass
    ... Don Imus has reached a settlement with CBS over his multimillion-dollar contract and is negotiating with WABC radio to resume his broadcasting career there, according to CBS and a person familiar with the negotiations. ...
    (alt.politics)
  • Re: IMUS FIRED !!! now he and the boys have the same ratings !!!
    ... radio program, following a week of uproar over the radio host's ... Howard and Imus don't like each other. ... shit because CBS folded for 1000 black people over a silly insult. ... I cant wait until Al and Jesse get a hold of your hero, Hoo Hoo. ...
    (alt.fan.howard-stern)
  • Re: Rutgers student suin Imus.
    ... Imus get money for being fired. ... Rutgers Basketball Player Sues Imus and CBS Radio, ... are legally responsible for damage done to her ...
    (soc.retirement)