Re: A little disappointed in Calvert tribute.
- From: hanesstroker@xxxxxxxxx
- Date: 27 Mar 2007 17:24:54 -0700
On Mar 27, 8:17 pm, barry_maul...@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
I also was disappointed with the tribute. The NBC clips were good
(although poor quality), but the CBS clips were disappointing because
they were shown in slow-motion and had no audio. I would have enjoyed
maybe a couple extended clips at full length instead of a montage.
Also, I was hoping for Dave to expound about how they found Calvert
and/or a personal reflection regarding some of Calvert's pieces (such
as the bus terminal segment). Also, Dave said that he had no idea why
they called him Larry "Bud" Melman. Huh? I thought him and Merrill
were the ones who created the name? I was definitely wanting some more
insight other than biographical information.
Merrill created the Melman name. Calvert hadn't been on the show for
several years and hadn't been a big part of it in a much longer time.
Dave and Calvert weren't friends (as Dave and George Miller were) and
Calvert's death at age 85 wasn't a shock. The tone of the tribute was
appropriate under the circumstances.1984 was a long time ago.
- Prev by Date: Re: Insomniac Trivia Rankings - Wk 1
- Next by Date: Re: Mon. 3/26 Big Show Synopsis
- Previous by thread: Re: A little disappointed in Calvert tribute.
- Next by thread: Re: A little disappointed in Calvert tribute.