Re: A little disappointed in Calvert tribute.
- From: foxyscribe_1@xxxxxxxxx
- Date: 27 Mar 2007 03:24:37 -0700
On Mar 27, 4:11 am, dyo...@xxxxxxx wrote:
On Mar 27, 1:36 am, lolajo...@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
I think Dave could have done a little better job on this one.
Given what Calvert meant to the show for so long, it wasn't an
especially touching effort by Dave. A similar example was a fairly
mechanical sendoff for announcer Bill Wendell.
When he has lost friends in the past, Dave has at times told stories
on the person. A fairly recent example was George Miller, who received
a wonderful desk chat and story from Dave in March of 2006, which was
actually three years after his passing.
I remember that once Dave just about lost it on air when he reported
the passing of technician Jimmy Fitzgerald in June of 1987. I think
sometimes he feels the need to kind of distance himself a little bit
when he makes these announcements.
This announcement was sandwiched in between comedy segments. I would
have placed it at the beginning of Act 2.
Anyway, it's now available in my video archives.
DDY's Late Show Fan Pagehttp://www.ddy.com/dl3.html
I suspect the difference is that Dave didn't have any type of
personal relationship with Calvert.
- Prev by Date: Re: Mon. 3/26 Big Show Synopsis
- Next by Date: Re: A little disappointed in Calvert tribute.
- Previous by thread: Re: A little disappointed in Calvert tribute.
- Next by thread: Re: A little disappointed in Calvert tribute.