Re: Letterman: Boring Interviewer
- From: dsikula@xxxxxxxxx
- Date: 10 Mar 2006 16:23:45 -0800
Just because Dave doesn't tell jokes doesn't mean there isn't a lot of
humor in his interviews. You've posted in the Simpsons newsgroup. If
you're a Simpsons fan, you may know that much of the best humor comes
from the situation, not the jokes. Letterman is hands down the best
late night talk show interviewer.
I would rank Ferguson higher in that he actually tries to engage the
guest in a conversation, whereas Dave is too frequently going through
the motions. I think Ferguson's interview with Emma Thompson was one
of the best I've ever seen on a talk show. When Dave is engaged,
though, he's hard to beat.
Leno's biggest flaw is that he so
obviously follows a set of scripted questions, which leads to scripted
answers. And probably scripted jokes.
- Prev by Date: Re: Dave hosts the Oscars 1995
- Next by Date: Re: OPRAH IS DEAD
- Previous by thread: Re: Letterman: Boring Interviewer
- Next by thread: Re: Letterman: Boring Interviewer