Tues. 10/4 Big Show Synopsis
- From: Brady <waterclock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 05 Oct 2005 22:15:03 GMT
Here we go ...
- TUESDAY, OCTOBER 4, 2005 -
On tonight's program: Matthew McConaughey and Philadelphia Eagles wide receiver Terrell Owens.
*DESK CHAT HIGHLIGHTS*
Dave has a message for those watching on KYW-Channel 3 in Philadelphia. Dave: "Terrell Owens will be out here shortly. I'm gonna get to the bottom of this for you. You know what I'm sayin'? We're gonna find out what's goin' on. The guy'll come out here, and he'll play straight with me. You know what I'm saying? So if you're watching on KYW-Channel 3 there in Philadelphia, just relax. <<Dave points, stares>> I got your back." <<laughter; applause>> Dave says he's fascinated by professional sports. He actually played Mexican baseball for about eight years. Are the rules the same down there? Pretty much, but attendance is a little less than in Major League Baseball. Dave: "So ... Oh, never mind."
Tonight, in honor of new US Supreme Court chief justice John Roberts and associate justice nominee Harriet Miers, we're going to play a little something called ... 'Guess What's Under the Robe.' While Rupert is outside choosing a contestant, Dave moves on to a few other items.
- Exclusive Tribute: Nipsey Russell Getting into Heaven (Nispey died this week at the age of 80. We see a clip of Nipsey, wearing a jetpack, floating up through the clouds. Nipsey: "People say a mermaid is beautiful; I don't understand the reason why. It's not enough woman to make love to, and it's too much fish to fry.")
- 'George W. Bush Sums Up His Administration' (Bush: "It gets *worse* over time, not better.")
*GUESS WHAT'S UNDER THE ROBE*
The contestant: Jessica from Toronto. She works in television -- music television, as a producer and writer. The goal of the game: guess what Rupert has placed under his robe. Jessica may 'palpate the mass.' Once her time is up, Jessica says it feels like a gelatin octopus. No, it couldn't possibly be a gelatin octopus! Is it lunch meat? Oh, so very close! Under Rupert's robe is ... four pounds of raw bacon. We take a look. Dave says that's not the first time Rupert has done that. After the 'Late Show' models present Jessica with a Hello Deli deli platter, Dave surveys the scene, remarking, "What a beautiful picture this is right here. A guy with four pounds of bacon around his neck, and three lovely women holding luncheon meat. If that doesn't say fine dining, I don't know what does." And that's how we play 'Guess What's Under the Robe.' I liked Jessica's guess of 'gelatin octopus.'
He is a fairly interesting fellow, but I don't know whether he's hottt. Apparently, I'm not very good at determining the hotttness of men.
I enjoyed Dave's grilling of Terrell regarding his 'feud' with Donovan McNabb, as well as his desire to renegotiate his contract. The best part was when Dave turned it around on Terrell, asking him whether he would be willing to give *back* money in the event that he *doesn't* live up to expectations. Makes sense to me, and it's in keeping with his logic in favor of renegotiation. Later, they go out on 53rd Street for Terrell to take some passes.
*OTHER STUFF* - TTL: Signs Bush is Drinking Again - Alan Kalter's '200 Years Ago Today,' sponsored by Cozy Kitty.
*MISCELLANEOUS MEANDERING* Have a good Hump Evening, people.
Brady -------- http://BradyCox.typepad.com/ .
- Prev by Date: Re: Writing
- Next by Date: statue of Madonna made of 180 pounds of ham in 1994 - Donz?
- Previous by thread: Mon. 10/3 Big Show Synopsis
- Next by thread: Re: Tues. 10/4 Big Show Synopsis