Re: Dark Week Time Killer: 'May We See ... '

johnny bobby bee wrote:
Brady wrote:

I dunno; I lost track. I think they stay busy nowadays looking for (and plugging) security holes. I used to be a Netscape kinda guy. Then AOL bought it.

You got that right. Stay far far away from the beast they call Netscape 8.0.

Fair enough. But Netscape 7.1 is arguably a better Mozilla browser than Firefox, and 8.0 implements tabs more innovatively than Firefox. Unfortunately, developers ignore Netscape, so for extensions and themes Firefox is the one. But man, it is a buggy piece of work. And increasingly vulnerable to adware intrusions.

Brad
www.bradhill.com

  • Re: Thief 2014
    ... showed pictures, although it did allow you to turn off automatic loading ... I only switched when Netscape wasn't viable anymore. ... That's what I like about Firefox - it gives me the basic functionality I ... One would find a joke and sent it to a friend, ...
    (comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action)
  • Re: CAGO EL VIZCACHA !!!
    ... cartelito en el paragolpes y decía "catch me if you can". ... netscape y me parecio mejor. ... Firefox NO tiene ese system catch, ... pero si usas cable.. ...
    (soc.culture.argentina)
  • Re: Microsoft is running a disreputable spyware outfit
    ... or Firefox? ... It may be a Netscape ... Microsoft Ad Server problem is VERY COMMON and that the cleanup & ... Only in Firefox (my preferred browser), ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)
  • Re: [Full-disclosure] FireFox Host: Buffer Overflow is not just exploitable on FireFox
    ... >IDN Heap Buffer overrun in FireFox on WinXP and Win2k3 as long as DEP is ... It has also revealed that not only FireFox is ... An official security URL to Netscape is "Netscape Browser Bug Submission ...
    (Full-Disclosure)