- From: american.male.1986@xxxxxxxxx
- Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2008 07:35:42 -0700 (PDT)
On Jun 20, 10:18 am, "Vicki" <vickiwilm...@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
<american.male.1...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote ...
But aren't those rabbit ears on your TV a pain in the butt? And you
don't get that many channels. Don't you think it's worth getting
The "pay factor" is not as big as you think.
As a goblinite .....you can't accept the truth....but the facts are that
....in NYC.....he lost 33% of his audience within 3 months of jackie
If the show was still funny......I and millions of others would be subbing
to sirius ....just to hear the show.
Five years before moving to pay radio....it was over....with the continual
erosion of listeners...who no longer found the show funny.....but the
unfunny rants of a lying hypocrite.
What was left to offer the audience?
Sixth Grade humor......gross ....but not funny gay segments....and the phony
bullshit about an old hideous male with his "model" ...two bit whore.
Not many people "buying" into that...whether it's free or pay radio....
What's interesting to consider is the fact that there are lots of really
stupid people in this country.....people who never grew up ....and find
grammar school humor...actually funny.....you would think that ole goblin
would be able to muster more than only 1.2 million listeners on a national
Let me recap the issues at hand (neither of which have to do with
Howard Stern though, as always, you've made it about him):
1) comparing sat radio and free radio by saying "why pay when you can
get it for free" implies there's no difference between them (in which
case you'd have an excellent point). But there ARE differences
between them- if there were there would not be, what 15 million
subscribers- there would be zero.
2) why would your friends pay for satellite and yet say it's a waste
You addressed neither of those issues, you nut.
- Re: JimmyM
- From: JeWitch
- Re: JimmyM
- Prev by Date: Re: What is different about Sirius programming (other than Stern, you crybabies) that may attract listeners?
- Next by Date: Re: Three questions
- Previous by thread: Re: JimmyM
- Next by thread: Re: JimmyM