Re: Finally, some numbers!

On Thu, 5 Jun 2008 13:26:57 -0700 (PDT), american.male.1986a@xxxxxxxxx
wrote:

On Jun 5, 4:21 pm, "tar~bal" <b...@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
<american.male.19...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

news:dc551842-6630-4e44-b4e4-119b21665536@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

On Jun 5, 4:08 pm, Drumrboy <drum...@xxxxxxx> wrote:
On 2008-06-05 16:02:04 -0400, american.male.19...@xxxxxxxxx said:

that substantiate the notion that Sirius units do in fact sell, and at
least as good as the XMs, despite higher cost (WTF??).

Nobody cares about that, Slappy. Answer this:

"why did Mainelli leave the Sirius going up, at the same time Howard
going down out"

Huh?

Anyway, Amazon's bestseller in Electronics> Car audio and video >
Satellite Radio is a sirius unit that's bigger and also more expensive
than the XM unit (which is #2).

This is just one site, and for all I know there is one sale separating
the two, and tomorrow they will be switched. It's also just a
ranking, so who knows what the actual sales numbers ARE?

That's not the point - the point is that the Sirius hardware is
selling as well as the XM despite the higher price (and larger size).

I didn't want to spoil the surprise, but you see, Howard is the King of all
Media. Seeing that the internet is a form of media, he has complete control
of it. He is so powerful he can make a quick call to Amazon and they will
manipulate the data to show that not only does the shitty Sirius product
outsell the superior XM radio, it does so entirely because of Howard's
groundbreaking radio show.

Now let's get down to it, you are here to prove that Howard is the reason
Sirius sells radios. What is it that you like the most about the new and
improved morning zoo? It's the bad words and the gay stuff, right? I'm
thinking that's it.

Now that your troll has reached the end of the road, let's discuss some
Howard Stern Show content, which has been missing from this newsgroup. Do
you have some funny shit to contribute, or are you a radio salesperson?

I'm a person asking a question that I've been curious about for some
time. Why would I discuss the content of a show with people who don't
listen to the show? That doesn't make sense.

You want number? Here are some numbers.

1,003,422 - Gross sirius additions for Q1 2008
680,888 - sirius subscriber deactivations for Q1 2008
322,534 - Net additions for sirius for Q1 2008
321,186 - Net OEM additions for sirius for Q1 2008
2,506 - Net retail additions for sirius for Q1 2008

1,034,000 - Gross XM additions for Q1 2008
731,000 - XM subscriber deactivations for Q1 2008
303,000 - Net additions for XM for Q1 2008
355,000 - Net OEM additions for XM for Q1 2008
(51,000) - Net retail additions for XM for Q1 2008

  • Re: 539,705 Cancellations in 4th Quarter
    ... Deactivated subscribers All of 2007 ... Sirius wasn't a hot Christmas item this year either, ... Compare that to the 559,312 subscribers added on the retail level ... an annual record for satellite radio. ...
    (alt.fan.howard-stern)
  • SIRIUS and XM Complete Merger
    ... SIRIUS and XM Complete Merger ... SIRIUS XM Radio Chosen as New Corporate Name ... Combined Company Has Over 18.5 Million Subscribers, ...
    (rec.gambling.sports)
  • Barrons: Dont bet on Goblin
    ... ALL THE HYPE SURROUNDING HOWARD STERN'S MOVE to Sirius Satellite Radio and his ... Sirius debut on Jan. 9. ... Will satellite-radio subscribers top out at 20 ...
    (alt.fan.howard-stern)
  • Will Enough People,Give Howard Stern,To Boost Sirius Sales?
    ... subscription-based Sirius Satellite Radio Inc. ... Now, just weeks before he begins his new show on Sirius, Mr. ... Stern must prove he can deliver on his promise and justify ...
    (alt.fan.howard-stern)
  • Re: Howard Online to Everyone for Free (2 days only 10-25 &10-26)
    ... paid for it because you're failing on satellite. ... charge for two days, October 25 and 26, to promote an Internet radio ... service Sirius is launching this week. ... he had 20 million listeners. ...
    (alt.fan.howard-stern)