Re: To all gas hogs - Lose the SUV or STFU

lab~rat <chase@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Fri, 02 Sep 2005 12:40:34 -0400, coasterqueen
><coasterqueen@xxxxxxxxxx> puked:
>>If gas prices keep rising, there will be no high demand for gas
>>guzzlers. People will ride around on bicycles, public transportation,
>>motorcycles or tiny cars--just like they do in Paris.
>>

> Are you nuts? There are plenty of places in the world that aren't big
> crowded cities where public transportation is simply NOT an option.
>
> In other words, you've never been to S. Florida.

Or Paris.

Bicycles on the streets of Paris? LOL!

Only during the last stage of the Tour de France.

  • Re: To all gas hogs - Lose the SUV or STFU
    ... >>>If gas prices keep rising, there will be no high demand for gas ... People will ride around on bicycles, public transportation, ... >> crowded cities where public transportation is simply NOT an option. ... >Bicycles on the streets of Paris? ...
    (alt.fan.howard-stern)
  • Re: NHTSA publishes 2007 bike fatality data
    ... inexperienced cyclists hitting the roads, I'm betting the news a year ... OTOH, one could argue that each new cyclist, fleeing high gas prices, is ... Chain Reaction Bicycles ...
    (rec.bicycles.misc)
  • Re: NHTSA publishes 2007 bike fatality data
    ... inexperienced cyclists hitting the roads, I'm betting the news a year ... OTOH, one could argue that each new cyclist, fleeing high gas prices, ... Chain Reaction Bicycles ...
    (rec.bicycles.misc)
  • Re: Cars and drivers of smd Was Re: Moratorium Addendum
    ... >>More like need to get the mass transit system into a state that it can ... Luckily after they wasted all the money we gave them they had ... >One only rides 'public transportation' long enough ... >Yes that includes bicycles. ...
    (sci.med.dentistry)
  • Re: Gasoline prices
    ... no public transportation. ... These gas prices are going to be tough to combat, ... That's for sure, kili. ...
    (rec.food.cooking)