Re: Text v.s Screen; Stunting Or Enhancing Your Intellectual Capacity

On Fri, 29 Jul 2011 19:14:08 -0400, Sirius Black wrote:

On Fri, 29 Jul 2011 19:05:27 -0400, Chan Welbourne wrote:

How so many times do we see the Moaning Myrtles sob "the films and book
storylines diverted dramatically"...or "movie fail; the book had it
right and the movie fails over and over"...or "in the book they did
this and that and the film failed by portraying that as"...or "here is
where the movie really failed me in telling the *real* story...or "why
couldn't they do it like the book and say this or do that"...or "why do
they always sacrificed My book to keep the action up"...or "why can't
the film be as romantic as the book"...or "total epic movie fail, the
book was sooooooo much more dramatic"... or "one day someone will
remake those darn crappy movies into something more to my liking, the
Book!...

...and on and on and on in a perpetual state of elementary whine. :-Z

lol

It makes no matter how often you tell these moaners that the film is an
*adaptation* of the book, that the author (Rowling) had severe critical
oversight to the *adaptation* - it pleased her but not you, who cares?
- or that film simply cannot, will not, nor can it be made to *be the
book*.

Cruel show, what else have they got to do after a decade of over
analyzing books published, to be published and yet to be published.
Superficial people do superficial things, you know, the Mark Of the
Idiot - doing the same thing over and over again and coming out with
the same results.

Is that a Dark Mark tattoo and all?

  • Re: Text v.s Screen; Stunting Or Enhancing Your Intellectual Capacity
    ... this and that and the film failed by portraying that as"...or "here is ... the film be as romantic as the book"...or "total epic movie fail, ... The Book said the Dark Mark on Black ... Dark Pink. ...
    (alt.fan.harry-potter)
  • Re: Text v.s Screen; Stunting Or Enhancing Your Intellectual Capacity
    ... storylines diverted dramatically"...or "movie fail; the book had it right and the movie fails over and over"...or "in the book they did this and that and the film failed by portraying that as"...or "here is where the movie really failed me in telling the *real* story...or "why couldn't they do it like the book and say this or do that"...or "why do they always sacrificed My book to keep the action up"...or "why can't the film be as romantic as the book"...or "total epic movie fail, the book was sooooooo much more dramatic"... ... *adaptation* of the book, that the author had severe critical oversight to the *adaptation* - it pleased her but not you, who cares? ... Notice how the film never showed the Dark Mark on the black Death eaters? ...
    (alt.fan.harry-potter)
  • Re: Text v.s Screen; Stunting Or Enhancing Your Intellectual Capacity
    ... this and that and the film failed by portraying that as"...or "here is ... the film be as romantic as the book"...or "total epic movie fail, ... The film did a terrible job of showing the Dark Mar, ... The Book said the Dark Mark on Black ...
    (alt.fan.harry-potter)
  • Text v.s Screen; Stunting Or Enhancing Your Intellectual Capacity
    ... How so many times do we see the Moaning Myrtles sob "the films and book storylines diverted dramatically"...or "movie fail; the book had it right and the movie fails over and over"...or "in the book they did this and that and the film failed by portraying that as"...or "here is where the movie really failed me in telling the *real* story...or "why couldn't they do it like the book and say this or do that"...or "why do they always sacrificed My book to keep the action up"...or "why can't the film be as romantic as the book"...or "total epic movie fail, the book was sooooooo much more dramatic"... ... Real knowledge are the facts of material things from the four senses of perception and is strictly objective; all else is fantasy cooked up between ears and is subjective, ...
    (alt.fan.harry-potter)
  • Re: Text v.s Screen; Stunting Or Enhancing Your Intellectual Capacity
    ... storylines diverted dramatically"...or "movie fail; the book had it right and the movie fails over and over"...or "in the book they did this and that and the film failed by portraying that as"...or "here is where the movie really failed me in telling the *real* story...or "why couldn't they do it like the book and say this or do that"...or "why do they always sacrificed My book to keep the action up"...or "why can't the film be as romantic as the book"...or "total epic movie fail, the book was sooooooo much more dramatic"... ... Notice how the film never showed the Dark Mark on the black Death eaters? ...
    (alt.fan.harry-potter)