Re: The Role of the House Elves
- From: Toon <toon@xxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2010 14:06:52 -0700
On Wed, 18 Aug 2010 11:39:53 -0400, Draco Malfoy
On Sun, 15 Aug 2010 08:07:26 -0700, Toon wrote:
On Sun, 15 Aug 2010 08:16:09 +1000, Welsh Dog <welshdog@xxxxxxxxx>
I thought JKR's subtle reminders that we ignore the 'weak' in our
societies at our peril had great value. She highlighted repeatedly
that our unwillingness to treat them as equals... or even as people...
means that we underestimate their strengths and that one day our
ignorance may come back to bite us!!
Voldemort did that with Harry. Always underestimated him. And look
what happened. He underestimated the young in the cave, practically
enabling any "weak" person to steal his locket.
Do you chaps understand anything subtle? The House Elves represent
homosexuals. Are Wizards supposed to endorse homosexuality?
No they don't. They're standard slaves, and humanity's hatred of all
things not human.
- Prev by Date: Re: Twilight
- Next by Date: Re: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Split Revealed
- Previous by thread: Re: The Role of the House Elves
- Next by thread: Re: The Role of the House Elves