Re: Snape: evil or not evil?

On Mon, 01 Dec 2008 09:41:51 +1100, Welsh Dog <welshdog@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Snape's motivation is the real question. Was he trying to hurt? Or
just really lousy at tough love teaching to make his students better.
Wasn't he a might shocked to learn he was Neville's biggest fear?

There are just so many of his abuses of students it's clear that
'tough love' was not what he was about. Torture and torment ruled his
life and Lily was lucky to have seen it early enough to make a better
life.

Welshdog

Or she could have ground him, and made him a better man. They way
James changed for her.

  • Re: Snape: evil or not evil?
    ... examples of Snape's verbal abuse of the students is ... just really lousy at tough love teaching to make his students better. ... life and Lily was lucky to have seen it early enough to make a better ...
    (alt.fan.harry-potter)
  • Re: What would happen if anti-evolutionists won?
    ... school science class, and then deal with such questions like the age ... falsifications understandable by most students, ... "There are no loose threads in the web of life" ...
    (talk.origins)
  • Re: OT: Woody Allens Match Point -- re: Marshall Brickman
    ... > Who claimed all his students were needy. ... > That Langdon did great work with Capra and fell apart on his own. ... > Capra made his two most memorable films ("Mr. Smith Goes to Washington" ... He kept it together through IT'S A WONDERFUL LIFE. ...
    (rec.arts.theatre.musicals)
  • Re: You know all those awsome unknown musicians..
    ... have the confidence to make a career out of it. ... most my waking hours to practicing. ... I've had a number of career switches in my life. ... schools and got into trouble when I was honest with the students about ...
    (alt.guitar.bass)
  • Re: What would happen if anti-evolutionists won?
    ... school science class, and then deal with such questions like the age ... Without the excuse of having to constantly combat evolution, ... falsifications understandable by most students, ... "There are no loose threads in the web of life" ...
    (talk.origins)