Re: Invicta Aviator

Richard Eney <dicconf@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
: In article <fs6boh$tvn$1@xxxxxxxx>,
: Drusilla <gammanormidsERASETHIS@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
:>Petrea Mitchell escribi?:
:>> [a spammer wrote]
:>>> Invicta Aviator Multifunction Grand Mens Watch Replica, Fake,
:>>
:>> You know, "Invicta Aviator" could almost be a Harry Potter reference.
:>> Sounds like a spell to summon an F-15.
:>
:>...created with somehow funny consequences by Arthur Weasley...
:
: It could be a spell to turn your car into a better flying car,
: but I have the impression that "invicta" means "unconquered" -
: it might be impossible to land. On the other hand, it would be
: a great spell for a flying carpet as long as it could hover
: about a millimeter off the floor most of the time (much more
: comfortable that way).
:
: =Tamar

Invicta is the name of a classic British car from the 1920s and '30s
(the name has been intermittently used since).

-=-=-

  • Re: Elderly drivers, a worrying example.
    ... drove down the road with him trapped under the car. ... chucker won't help you with that. ... Why do you hate cyclists who wear lycra? ... And what's a "spell chucker"? ...
    (uk.rec.cycling)
  • Re: Working on a new game- Magic systems.
    ... One day I'm going to wrap my car around a tree. ... producing a spectacular fumble; if the fumble gives 'something for nothing' ... internalise the spell, or something. ...
    (rec.games.frp.advocacy)
  • Re: insert new line...
    ... So it's not hard to spell it out... ... > the car is very good ... > i have a new houe ... > The bike is red ...
    (microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields)
  • Re: Sci-fi and fantasy combined
    ... This was when I was told that each tech level Lower or Higher was - a) a casting penalty, ... a separate spell for every single tech level. ... If you have only worked on cars with computerized fuel injectors and ignition working on a car with a very simple carburetor, gravity fed gas, and a magneto is going to take some time. ...
    (rec.games.frp.gurps)