Re: This would have been interesting

Toon wrote:

On Wed, 23 Jan 2008 12:28:03 +0530, santosh <santosh.k83@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

BTW, Voldemort is described by Dumbledore at several points in the
story as being one of the most magically gifted and talented wizard
ever. I wonder why he could not recreate the Philosopher's Stone to
achieve immortality? Seems safer and less "destructive" than ripping
your soul into Horcruxes.

Far easier to destroy the Stone than a Horcrux. The Stone would need
to be hidden but easily accessed for continued use. A Horcrux can be
left alone for decades.

Yes good point. Also the point Rubeus makes.

  • Re: This would have been interesting
    ... story as being one of the most magically gifted and talented wizard ... Far easier to destroy the Stone than a Horcrux. ... Well, like I said, far easier to destroy the Stone than Horcrux. ...
    (alt.fan.harry-potter)
  • Re: Sorcerors Stone protections / Hunt for Horcruxes (long post, SP)
    ... Sorceror's Stone protections / Hunt for Horcruxes ... viewed as a metaphor for both a past wizard's war and a future ... outcome or wanted outcome so not a very good metaphor. ... Though technically it was a Horcrux within a Deathly Hallow, ...
    (alt.fan.harry-potter)
  • Re: This would have been interesting
    ... Far easier to destroy the Stone than a Horcrux. ... credit must be given to Dumbledore to have restrained himself from ... I doubt that V was the ONLY one - what is more likely is Flamel ...
    (alt.fan.harry-potter)
  • Re: This would have been interesting
    ... Far easier to destroy the Stone than a Horcrux. ... dependent on anyone, or anything, even an inanimate object like a stone. ... Well, like I said, far easier to destroy the Stone than Horcrux. ...
    (alt.fan.harry-potter)
  • Re: How would you go about successfully toppling and destroying Voldemort ?
    ... destroying Mr. Voldemort and all his evil cronies and lapdogs once and ... Petunia will find the last horcrux while cleaning the Black house. ... turn V into a stone, and Grawp will smash the stone into sand. ...
    (alt.fan.harry-potter)