Harry's Death

Back in 2006 it was suspected that Harry would not survive in Volume 7
and no less than John Irving and Stephen King pleaded with JKR to let
Harry live. I think that originally Harry was supposed to die but JKR
bowed to pressure and changed the ending. It would explain a lot: the
weak epilog, the Harry's a horcrux/no he's not waffling, the weird
heavenly chapter, the strange conversion of Narcissa Malfoy, etc.

  • Re: Unanswered Questions
    ... did Voldemort offer Lily so many chances to live? ... JKR: Can't tell you. ... But Rowling was asked if Lily was aware of the maternal protection ... knowing that doing so would protect Harry. ...
    (alt.fan.harry-potter)
  • Re: Unanswered Questions
    ... JKR: No - because as I've tried to make clear in the series, ... conflicts with the fact that Dumbledore knows about it and Voldemort ... we saw one example of this when the Sorting Hat gave Harry Gryffindor's ... sacrifice left a lasting magical protection on him. ...
    (alt.fan.harry-potter)
  • Re: Predictions about book 7
    ... and it becomes a huge gray area. ... murderer Harry said he could never forgive Snape and neither can I. ... book 7 comes out then JKR is not doing her job. ... No matter how a writer tries there views will be in there story some where. ...
    (alt.fan.harry-potter)
  • Re: Unanswered Questions
    ... I've always thought that the difference (between James' ... He could have picked up baby Harry and tossed ... him out the front door to Voldemort, ... this is lost on JKR, who basically assumes that, because of James' ...
    (alt.fan.harry-potter)
  • Re: Everything for Book 7
    ... become a transfiguration teacher after a stint as an auror ... >>> she said that harry was to much of an action person to teach and when she ... It is just that I looked for teachers from the other students after JKR said ... to be the new DADA teacher. ...
    (alt.fan.harry-potter)