Re: The not so great Dumbledore

remysun2000@xxxxxxxxx escribió:
On Jan 6, 5:55 am, "Deevo" <mcken...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Yes they did but not that many years ago. While I didn't go through a
Catholic education, the Catholic schools had a reputation for being almost
brutal in my schooldays (I graduated High School in 1982). And the cane was
still used in my times too.

I had twelve years that ended in 1993, and the story of nuns and
rulers were a very popular story, but pretty much urban legend. Pre-
Vatican II, as they liked to call it.

One of the schools I considered for my son had the reputation of beating the students in older times. Some others said that some of the nuns still do it, while others where sent to other place. That was the first thing I asked them. "We don't do that _anymore_ ", the told me. Obviously he's now in a different school, just in case.

  • Re: The not so great Dumbledore
    ... Catholic education, the Catholic schools had a reputation for being almost ... brutal in my schooldays (I graduated High School in 1982). ... And the cane was ...
    (alt.fan.harry-potter)
  • Re: The not so great Dumbledore
    ... Catholic education, the Catholic schools had a reputation for being almost ... brutal in my schooldays (I graduated High School in 1982). ... And the cane was ...
    (alt.fan.harry-potter)
  • Re: The not so great Dumbledore
    ... Catholic education, the Catholic schools had a reputation for being almost ...  And the cane was ... rulers were a very popular story, ...
    (alt.fan.harry-potter)
  • Re: OT: Look at THIS 99%er...giving a BAD name to all of them
    ... LOL. ... Schools like Duke, Dartmouth, and Northwestern offer both a normal college ...
    (rec.gambling.poker)
  • Re: This explains a lot
    ... There are prestigious schools other than the public schools in the independent sector. ... Stupid people would destroy that reputation and people would not pay what are probably the highest school fees on earth for mediocrity. ... Why else do you think they insist on a Common entrance exam if it is not to ensure that stupid people do not attend these establishments? ...
    (uk.legal)