Re: Harry not truly a Horcrux

On Mon, 31 Dec 2007 05:41:38 -0800, richard e white <chiphead@xxxxxxx>
wrote:

In order for that to have happened - it would
have had to happen BEFORE Voldemort tried the AK. (as JKR has said - it
cannot happen accidentally).

And in Book 7, she says it can and did.

Hence the problem. She has said both. and explained neather.

And in a stalemate, original canon wins. Books always come first for
canon.

It's so easy to make Horcruxes any way she wants, then say Harry is
the exception (like never surviving an AK). Instead, she says nope,
sorry, didn't really mean what I wrote. What I really meant to write
was . . .

Instead of a lie, you get a one time deal. An Accidental Horcrux,
which defied the rules do to a unique set of circumstances and events.

Then again, on her FAQ page, she says Voldemort was like a Horcrux for
Harry. No doubts who can follow that. Nobody can say she said
Voldemort was a Horcrux for Harry. Why not have DD say the same to
Harry. You were like a seventh Horcrux for Voldemort. But no we get,
You're a Horcrux Harry, and we're supposed to believe DD was just
wrong, a pleasant cop out.

The key thing is, Jo said under the strict definition. How many times
have people used less than strict definitions? But no, we're to
accept a lie in the books based on a technicality? Sorry, can't do
that. Book integrity first.

  • DIVINATION TEST (REPOST)
    ... Answer whether the each of the following is a Horcrux. ... Harry, or his scar ... Fleur is a spy for Voldemort. ... Albus Dumbledore will return to life; ...
    (alt.fan.harry-potter)
  • Re: Why Harry *isnt* a Horcrux
    ... well of course it's not in the books that harry is a horcrux if JKR ... in CoS AD tells harry that Voldemort ... >Not sure where you got the idea that LV's soul was ripped after he killed ...
    (alt.fan.harry-potter)
  • Re: Why Harry *isnt* a Horcrux
    ... especially) which support this thoery of how harry acquired LV's ... >> caused Voldemort to accidentally transfer his soulbit into harry. ... > piece of LV in him, but it doesn't mean its a Horcrux. ...
    (alt.fan.harry-potter)
  • Re: Harry not truly a Horcrux
    ... the implications of Harry not having anything to do with Horcruxes, ... between Horcrux and Harrycrux. ... One of her many theories was that Voldemort performed a Horcrux creating spell before his AK on Harry rebounded. ... Well - I decided to read DH again - and now that I have it appears that Dumbledore is on both sides of the issue in the books. ...
    (alt.fan.harry-potter)
  • Re: Hermiones book from DD
    ... that they should continue with the horcrux hunt, ... Harry is told by Dumlebldore that he is mostly not dead. ... I see this as a portrayal of a classic Near Death Experience. ... Harry and Voldemort had simultanous NDE, ...
    (alt.fan.harry-potter)