Re: The Taboo vs the Grimmauld Place enchantments

Meghan Noecker <friesian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
: On Wed, 26 Sep 2007 07:55:04 -0400, Thom Madura
: <Tommadura@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
:
:
:>Actually - if you read about the FC charm - you will see that it
:>protects a SECRET (That is in the books). SO it follows that - at the
:>time that the FC charm is cast - what it protects must be only known to
:>the people involved. THe location of a person's home is NOT a secret to
:>the owner of the home or those that live there - so that cannot be a
:>secret - regardless of who casts the spell.
:
: Excellent point! I never thought of that way, but it makes perfect
: sense.
:
:
: I;m still a bit puzzled at how knowing the secret makes the house
: visible when that isn't how it worked for the Potters.
:

Note that the Potters' getaway cottage was made "invisible to Muggles"
after they died even if the betrayal to Ickle Tommykins made it visible
to him.

-=-=-