Re: OOTP Movie, DVD release date

In article <tt9Ri.180876$BW4.106845@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
DaveD <davedn1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
"Vincent D. DeSimone" <desimone8@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote

Has anyone heard a release date for the OOTP DVD yet?

I heard November 10 for UK, and Dec. 11 for US. FOUL!

Correct. In the US, it will be available in one- and two-DVD
widescreen and fullscreen, HD-DVD, and Blue-Ray formats.

On amazon.co.uk, they're advertising a new 5 films box set with
additional deleted scenes not on the previous DVDs.

Feeling a bit tempted (except what do I do with the first 4 DVDs
I already have, and what will I do when films 6 and 7 come out
- get another 2 even-bigger box sets??!)

That's what they're hoping you'll do. I think I'll wait until
I hear whether the deleted scenes were worth bothering to include.
The ones from the first film were worth it, but I'm less certain
about the others.

=Tamar

  • Re: Gooodbye to nicked software...
    ... >> I've tried watching DVDs on computer monitors and they don't look good. ... >> I can't imagine downloaded films looking any better. ... >> I can't imagine them letting us download the content of a DVD9 without ... DVDs look stunning on my Powerbook. ...
    (uk.comp.sys.mac)
  • Re: The Limited Edition
    ... All three films are, it appears, getting this treatment ... Nasssty, tricksy marketing people, trying to sell us the same DVDs over ... I never bought the Extended Editions, ... one side of one disc I would have considered it even if the Extendeds ...
    (rec.arts.books.tolkien)
  • Re: OT - Anyone know tech stuff about downloaded movies?
    ... , Colin Irvine ... I won't pirate films or software, I don't like small numberplates, ... perfectly legitimate US-region DVDs and then play them in the UK or ... Both of these are just as wrong as downloading stuff off the ...
    (uk.rec.motorcycles)
  • Re: Does Netflix purposely screw you by delays?
    ... I watched a lot of films ... How does Netflix process and ship DVDs? ... get movies quickly. ... your local distribution center and the movies you receive coming ...
    (rec.arts.movies.current-films)
  • Re: Does Netflix purposely screw you by delays?
    ... I watched a lot of films ... Our goal is to ship you the DVDs listed highest in your queue from the distribution center closest to you so that you get movies quickly. ... The type of differentiated service you may experience includes, but is not limited to, the shipment of your next available DVD occurring at least one business day following return of your previously viewed movie, delivery taking longer, as the shipments may not be processed from your local distribution center and the movies you receive coming from lower in your queue. ...
    (rec.arts.movies.current-films)