Re: OOTP Movie, DVD release date

In article <tt9Ri.180876$BW4.106845@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
DaveD <davedn1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
"Vincent D. DeSimone" <desimone8@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote

Has anyone heard a release date for the OOTP DVD yet?

I heard November 10 for UK, and Dec. 11 for US. FOUL!

Correct. In the US, it will be available in one- and two-DVD
widescreen and fullscreen, HD-DVD, and Blue-Ray formats.

On amazon.co.uk, they're advertising a new 5 films box set with
additional deleted scenes not on the previous DVDs.

Feeling a bit tempted (except what do I do with the first 4 DVDs
I already have, and what will I do when films 6 and 7 come out
- get another 2 even-bigger box sets??!)

That's what they're hoping you'll do. I think I'll wait until
I hear whether the deleted scenes were worth bothering to include.
The ones from the first film were worth it, but I'm less certain
about the others.

=Tamar

  • Re: Gooodbye to nicked software...
    ... >> I've tried watching DVDs on computer monitors and they don't look good. ... >> I can't imagine downloaded films looking any better. ... >> I can't imagine them letting us download the content of a DVD9 without ... DVDs look stunning on my Powerbook. ...
    (uk.comp.sys.mac)
  • Re: The Limited Edition
    ... All three films are, it appears, getting this treatment ... Nasssty, tricksy marketing people, trying to sell us the same DVDs over ... I never bought the Extended Editions, ... one side of one disc I would have considered it even if the Extendeds ...
    (rec.arts.books.tolkien)
  • Re: OT - Anyone know tech stuff about downloaded movies?
    ... , Colin Irvine ... I won't pirate films or software, I don't like small numberplates, ... perfectly legitimate US-region DVDs and then play them in the UK or ... Both of these are just as wrong as downloading stuff off the ...
    (uk.rec.motorcycles)
  • Re: Interest in old highway promotional films?
    ... general interest to warrant a press run of DVDs. ... Promotional films prepared ... The only films I think would be boring would be "plain" ones of ribbon ... Anyone care to comment on ribbon cutting ceremonies they've been to? ...
    (misc.transport.road)
  • Re: Does Netflix purposely screw you by delays?
    ... I watched a lot of films ... How does Netflix process and ship DVDs? ... get movies quickly. ... your local distribution center and the movies you receive coming ...
    (rec.arts.movies.current-films)