Re: Snape's behavior throughout all 7

On Oct 7, 11:44 am, Toon <t...@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Sat, 06 Oct 2007 10:20:50 -0700, Richard Fangnail

Yes, but he had to "fool" DD into thinking he was on DD's side, and
allowing Harry to be killed doesn't prove that. Saving Harry does.
With Voldemort gone for good, there's no reason to even want a dead
Harry.

But he knew that Voldemort was not 'gone for good' because Dumbledore
told him so. The scene in Snapes memory when he learns of Lily's death
showed us that Dumbledore prevented Snape's probable suicide that
night by warning him that Voldemort would return and that Harry would
require his protection. Snape was therefore forced to choose between
indulging his own despair and killing himself , 'I wish I were dead',
or accepting a continued duty to Lily's son as part of his penance. He
chose the path of duty and continued sacrifice and stayed true to it
until his death.

I have re-read all the books post DH and there is nothing inconsistent
in Snape's behaviour with him being a loyal to Dumbledore, agent in
place in the Death-eaters. He disliked Harry as he was the constant
visible reminder of his sufferings at the hands of James and the
Marauders and the fact that the loss of Lily had irrevocably set him
on his life's tragic path. He was not kind to Harry, but his feelings
towards him must have been a constant maelstrom of emotion, love for
his mother, hatred of his father and anger at Harry's constant
heedless running into danger.

  • Re: Harry not truly a Horcrux
    ... the implications of Harry not having anything to do with Horcruxes, ... between Horcrux and Harrycrux. ... One of her many theories was that Voldemort performed a Horcrux creating spell before his AK on Harry rebounded. ... it obviously depended on what JKR would do with the little information she gave us through Slughorn and Dumbledore. ...
    (alt.fan.harry-potter)
  • Re: Harry not truly a Horcrux
    ... the implications of Harry not having anything to do with Horcruxes, ... between Horcrux and Harrycrux. ... One of her many theories was that Voldemort performed a Horcrux creating spell before his AK on Harry rebounded. ... it obviously depended on what JKR would do with the little information she gave us through Slughorn and Dumbledore. ...
    (alt.fan.harry-potter)
  • Re: Harry not truly a Horcrux
    ... the implications of Harry not having anything to do with Horcruxes, ... between Horcrux and Harrycrux. ... One of her many theories was that Voldemort performed a Horcrux creating spell before his AK on Harry rebounded. ... Well - I decided to read DH again - and now that I have it appears that Dumbledore is on both sides of the issue in the books. ...
    (alt.fan.harry-potter)
  • Re: Dumbledore - A Phoenian?
    ... > hasn't been such heartfelt feelings of loss from JK over Dumbledore, ... > cloak at all times and why does he insist on Harry wearing it when they ... Dumbledore would have been dead years ago. ... > Voldemort to believe that he is dead - we're told that Dumbledore is ...
    (alt.fan.harry-potter)
  • Dumbledore - A Phoenian?
    ... There has been a lot of speculation since the release of Harry Potter ... she can write it so that he is dead or that he isn't. ... Dumbledore is really dead or not. ... Is Dumbledore pleading for his life, or is he pleading for Snape ...
    (alt.fan.harry-potter)