Re: DIVINATION TEST
- From: "Laura Ware" <bookwormladyLEAVEMEALONE@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2007 16:41:35 GMT
"gjw" <gjw@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
On 21 Feb 2007 21:54:39 -0800, nystulc@xxxxxx wrote:
Actually, since I have no firm opinions about most of the questions in
the test, I won't really want to gloat over them (or feel bad if I
miss them). Here's a list of the questions I DO really want answered
in book 7, and about which I hold firm opinions (and am prepared to
gloat over ;) - some of which duplicate your own:
- Why did Dumbledore trust Snape so much?
I think Snape convinced him that he really was sorry about the Potters
getting killed and he wanted to make up for it.
- What was the meaning of Dumbledore's "gleam of triumph"? (Or more
specifically, exactly how did using Harry's blood doom Voldemort?)
Not sure. I'd guess that using Harry's blood has given Harry power to
- Will Rowling cheat and somehow have Dumbledore turn up alive?
I doubt it. She's made it pretty clear that dead is dead in the Potterverse
- Why did Snape defect to Dumbledore?
I think he saw it was to his advantage.
- Is Snape loyal to Voldemort? Is Snape loyal to Dumbledore?
Snape is loyal to Snape.
- Did Snape murder Dumbledore (or did Dumbledore ask Snape to kill
I have read all the arguments, pondered everything, and I think Snape did
- Why did Snape take the Unbreakable Vow in the first place?
I think he was concerned that not doing so would call his loyalty into
- Does Snape have a personal vendetta against Voldemort?
Only in the sense that Snape would like to BE Voldemort.
- Did Snape like Lily?
Hard to say.
- Why did Voldemort hesitate before killing Lily?
I think he had other plans for her and they went awry.
- Will Voldemort die, or will he end up trapped in some other
- If Voldemort dies, will someone kill him, or will he accidentally
kill himself (like he did at Godric's Hollow)?
I think he will be killed.
- If someone kills Voldemort will Harry kill him, or will someone
else kill him?
If anyone kills him it almost has to be Harry.
- Will any of the Trio die in book 7?
- Will both the Ron/Hermione and Harry/Ginny relationships survive
the last book?
If Rowling shoots for a happy ending they will. If not, I think the
Ron/Hermione relationship will but not Harry/Ginny.
- Petunia seems to know more than we expected - what's going on
I think she was paying more attention when Lily was alive than anyone
- Which character will perform magic late in life?
I'm guessing Filch.
- How will Sirius' mirror play a role in the last book?
Someone will relay important information to Harry through it.
- Is there something we're missing in JKR's "carefully worded"
Almost certainly. I suspect there will be much slapping of foreheads and
"How could we miss THAT?" when we figure it out.
- Is Harry a horcrux?
- Is Harry's scar a horcrux?
- Will there be any insight into the Potterverse's Afterlife in
book 7 (via the mirror, the Veil, or whatever)?
- Re: DIVINATION TEST
- From: DaveD
- Re: DIVINATION TEST