Re: about the HBP

On Tue, 18 Apr 2006 17:13:12 GMT, Kish <Kish_K@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Aaron wrote:
Imagun Aqilya wrote:

"Aaron" <aaronsan@xxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:1145366358.717667.153230@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Kish wrote:

both Snape and Voldemort are
half-bloods who gave themselves pretentious titles that they twisted out
of their given names....Snape's was the Half-Blood Prince, because his

witch mother's surname was Prince; Voldemort's was Lord Voldemort.

Nope, that would be "Marvolo." The father was "Lord Riddle."

The pretentious title Voldemort gave himself was Lord Voldemort. Not
anything involving any of his family.

It's an anagram of his name. Which didn't help his ego much.

  • Re: When did Snape convert? (was Re: Has anyone compiled a handy list of the arguments for and again
    ... I'd think that Snape would be more likely to make that third part of the Vow given that he is a loyal Voldemort supporter, than under the complementary hypothesis. ... I have said that I think the act of Snape killing Dumbledore is most appropriately interpreted as strong evidence that Snape lacks a sense of loyalty to Dumbledore. ... I am attempting to discern a pattern in the relationship between Harry, Snape, and Voldemort. ...
    (alt.fan.harry-potter)
  • DEATHLY HALLOWS - Revelations, pt 4 (Chapters 28-32)
    ... Aberforth Dumbledore - barman at the Hog's Head Inn, ... Current state of Hogwarts: ... Voldemort near the cave entrance at the time of being summoned - ... Showdown between McGonagall & Snape - not unlike the one between ...
    (alt.fan.harry-potter)
  • Re: Dumbledore asked Snape to kill him
    ... to do what nobody can but Harry, and vanquish Voldemort. ... Snape had to have been already feeling guilty about telling Voldemort, ... AT the same time - the Longbottoms were likely to have been at Hogwarts at the same time (Neville and Harry are very nearly the same age - maybe their parents were too - or close). ... Actually - It is Dumbledore that identifies the Longbottoms as one of the two families. ...
    (alt.fan.harry-potter)
  • Re: Dumbledore asked Snape to kill him
    ... to do what nobody can but Harry, and vanquish Voldemort. ... Snape had to have been already feeling guilty about telling Voldemort, ... AT the same time - the Longbottoms were likely to have been at Hogwarts at the same time (Neville and Harry are very nearly the same age - maybe their parents were too - or close). ... Actually - It is Dumbledore that identifies the Longbottoms as one of the two families. ...
    (alt.fan.harry-potter)
  • Re: Is Snape good or evil?
    ... the "set of circumstances" is just to help Draco kill Dumbledore. ... that would promptly cause Snape ... You stated that you believe it probable that Voldemort had already taken ... an Unbreakable Vow from Snape to kill Dumbledore. ...
    (alt.fan.harry-potter)