Re: Snape: evil or not evil?

R Black wrote:
Snape is not evil in the sense that L.V. is but he has his own
agenda. Make no mistake, the two most powerful wizards are
Snape and Voldemort but Voldemort does not know it yet.

Snape's ultimate gift is in hiding and he hid from everyone but DD.

Chip

Blon Fel Fotch Passameer-Day Slitheen wrote:
I've been collecting people's views on this subject for some time
now, and here are the two opposing lists at the moment...

SNAPE IS EVIL SNAPE IS NOT EVIL

Drusilla 2000 Man
Eggplant Alex Clark
G.J.W. Arielle Arlan
Jim Hawkins Babble 'Letters 2d'
Joseph R.Moore Blon Fel Fotch PDS
Kami Brent Braten
Kish Brian Tung
Paul W.Lints Jr. Bubbly Babs
Slys Noodles Catherine Johnson
Thom Madura D.M.
Tim Peters David Harmon
Troels Forchhammer Dr.Tim
Ginevra M.L.
Green-Eyed Chris
Igenlode Wordsmith
Imagun Aqilya
Jane Grey
Jano
Jazon 48
Joe Gottman
Jon Mason
Jonathan Ellis
Klaus Kassner
Mary Beth HP7
Mick Hamblen
Minnesota Ken
Murphoid
Nuki Mouse
Peter V.Fox
R.Black
Richard E.White
Rob Mac
s0183616
Scenario Dave
Shaun
Silvia Ludiana
Stacy 68
Stephen Sousa
T.Barry 22
Tamar (Richard Eney)
Tuvas
Wadkin 2000
Weird Beard

If I've misrepresented anyone, or left anybody out, then please don't
get upset, just write in and I'll update the lists appropriately.

Blon Fel Fotch Passameer-Day Slitheen

I said this in a previous post: When I think of evil (and other similar
adjectives), I think of Voldemort. I don't think of Snape. When I
think of cruel, I think of Snape. Some might disagree and say there's
no difference between the two, but IMO, there is. Even if Snape IS on
Voldemort's side, or has his own agenda, from what I've read in the
books so far, "evil" is not a word I would use to describe him. I can
think of many others, but that is not one of them.

  • Re: Snape: evil or not evil?
    ... The following are the 40 people who wrongly insisted that Snape was ... They were wrong only if you define evil as being on Voldemort's side. ... Voldemort, Bellatrix and most of the Death Eaters. ... actively condoned murder, as Snape did, in that category, too. ...
    (alt.fan.harry-potter)
  • Re: When did Snape convert? (was Re: Has anyone compiled a handy list of the arguments for and again
    ... I'd think that Snape would be more likely to make that third part of the Vow given that he is a loyal Voldemort supporter, than under the complementary hypothesis. ... I have said that I think the act of Snape killing Dumbledore is most appropriately interpreted as strong evidence that Snape lacks a sense of loyalty to Dumbledore. ... I am attempting to discern a pattern in the relationship between Harry, Snape, and Voldemort. ...
    (alt.fan.harry-potter)
  • Re: I was wrong (contains spoilers)
    ... The ambiguous evil guy virtually never ends up truly evil. ... Was it simply because Dumbledore trusted him ... fallable, I thought, maybe Snape WAS evil. ... He lives for no reason other than to see Voldemort dead. ...
    (alt.fan.harry-potter)
  • Re: Snape: evil or not evil?
    ... The following are the 40 people who wrongly insisted that Snape was ... They were wrong only if you define evil as being on Voldemort's side. ... Voldemort, Bellatrix and most of the Death Eaters. ... actively condoned murder, as Snape did, in that category, too. ...
    (alt.fan.harry-potter)
  • DEATHLY HALLOWS - Revelations, pt 4 (Chapters 28-32)
    ... Aberforth Dumbledore - barman at the Hog's Head Inn, ... Current state of Hogwarts: ... Voldemort near the cave entrance at the time of being summoned - ... Showdown between McGonagall & Snape - not unlike the one between ...
    (alt.fan.harry-potter)