Re: Why Harry *isn't* a Horcrux

On Sun, 08 Jan 2006 01:29:45 GMT, DM <dm498@xxxxxxx> wrote:

>sTuFf wrote:
>
>> A horcrux if i remember correctly is made when a wizard after killing
>> someone splits his soul and magically places one part of his soul in a
>> person or object, yes?
>>
>> Why then would Voldemort kill Lily, and then attempt to kill Harry ?
>>
>> It doesn't make sense. Why would he turn Harry into a horcrux when he was
>> trying to kill him with Adavra Kadavara (sp?).
>>
>> Voldemort is obviously scared by the prophecy and is trying to eliminate the
>> threat at its source before it becomes more powerful.
>>

>You are also forgetting the most obvious reason Harry cannot be a
>horcrux - the prophecy cannot be fulfilled if Harry must destroy himself
>in order to defeat Voldemort.

Yes it can. It's not binding. and the hand of the other is V putting
his soul bit in Harry's scar. Nowhere is there a time limit for the
hard of the other.

  • Re: Horcruxes - The Whole Scoop (long post & SP)
    ... about his opinion of multiple horcrux. ... Another reason that I hope Harry has access to ... the soul, or can a multiple homicide make a single split? ... Can a Horcrux be made with a fragment of soul split by a murder long ...
    (alt.fan.harry-potter)
  • Re: Horcruxes - The Whole Scoop (long post & SP)
    ... about his opinion of multiple horcrux. ... Another reason that I hope Harry has access to ... What exactly is a soul? ... Can a Horcrux be made with a fragment of soul split by a murder long ...
    (alt.fan.harry-potter)
  • Re: Why Harry *isnt* a Horcrux
    ... well of course it's not in the books that harry is a horcrux if JKR ... in CoS AD tells harry that Voldemort ... >Not sure where you got the idea that LV's soul was ripped after he killed ...
    (alt.fan.harry-potter)
  • Re: Harry probably is a Horcrux, yknow!
    ... If Harry became the Horcrux by ... >>>accident, that's what accidentally creating a Horcrux means. ... slughorn said that killing rips the soul apart, ...
    (alt.fan.harry-potter)
  • Re: Harry probably is a Horcrux, yknow!
    ... >> Nice to know not everyone who doesn't think harry is a horcrux isn't as ... > I think it comes down to how the making of a Horcrux works. ... 'Killing rips the soul apart' - ... Whereas the soulbit in harry is ...
    (alt.fan.harry-potter)