Re: Hufflepuff's Cup
- From: "Ard Rhi" <[nospam]ardrhi@earthlink(anti-spam).net>
- Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2005 19:49:17 GMT
"Vick3ie" <vick3ie@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> spoiler space for HBP
> We know Tom Riddle stole the Cup and the Locket from Hepzibah Smith
> when he was working at B&Bs. He left that job shortly after acquiring
> these objects and turning at least one of them into a Horcrux. Perhaps
> with the murder of Smith? It would be apt to use the Hufflepuff
> descendant as the sacrificial victim for the Hufflepuff cup Horcrux.
> The mate of the Vanishing Cabinet at Hogwarts is located at B&Bs. We
> know this because Draco used this route to get the DEs into Hogwarts.
> Tom Riddle used it to sneak one of his Horcruxes into the school when
> he was working at the shop.
> I suspect that the Cup Horcrux is in the unlocked Trophy room. Hidden
> in plain sight among the other cups, or even more deliciously,
> impersonating the House Cup which the students try so hard to win each
No proof and plenty of reason to doubt.
1) The cup went missing AFTER Voldemort had graduated Hogwarts. Dumbledore
kept up with Voldemort's post-graduation "career" (we're shown this in the
Half-Blood Prince chapter titled Lord Voldemort's Request) so would've known
if Voldemort had returned to Hogwarts for a visit ot left something behind.
2) Voldemort would not leave a second portion of his soul undefended as he
already had plans for the diary to fill that role.
3) Dumbledore has been actively searching for artifacts and horcruxes for
awhile now. The odds of him missing this one are pretty long. He can sense
magic, knows of the cup from the memory, and has had years to stumble across
it... but didn't? To quote Cornelius Fudge, "The odds on that must be very,
4) Think about it. If Voldemort had access to the school, he wouldn't have
just been able to saunter in without being noticed. Nor would he have had to
ask Dumbledore for a job. This all presumes that Voldemort knew of the
cabinet's ability, had access to its mate, and that the same cabinet has
been in Borgin's & Burke's for years, and then spontaneously forgot about
the cabinet so waited for Draco to find it and then use it to attack the
school. It defies almost everything we've been told about the shop,
Voldemort's past, the struggles of the Death Eaters to get past Hogwarts'
defenses, and more.
- Hufflepuff's Cup
- From: Vick3ie
- Hufflepuff's Cup
- Prev by Date: Re: Harry Potter A Horcrux!?!?!?!?!
- Next by Date: Re: A Silver Hand
- Previous by thread: Re: Hufflepuff's Cup
- Next by thread: Re: Hufflepuff's Cup