Update Asus mainboard

Hello,

I use the asus mainbord P5GD2 Deluxe for more than 5 years wihout trouble.

Since 2 days I get during the startup of the computer the following message
over the whole screen:

============================
ASUS motherboard

Proactive
ai
P5GD2 Deluxe
Intel inside Pentium 4

Pess DEL to run update
============================

After waiting for 1 minute and do nothing the message will disappear and
the computer continues the startup procedure.

On the other hand, if I press DEL, than the BIOS of the System (WIN XP
Home) will appear and nothing happens, no more information what do, really
nothing up to the end of the world ;-) I can close the BIOS manually and
finish the startup procedure.

This is a strange situation for me and I don't know what to do. Can
somebody help me and explain the reason for this message and what I have to
do?

Thank you,

Klaus

--
Homepage: http://www.bingo-ev.de/~Klaus.Haber
"pH-Messung - einfach zu verstehen"

  • Re: Update Asus mainboard
    ... I use the asus mainbord P5GD2 Deluxe for more than 5 years wihout trouble. ... Since 2 days I get during the startup of the computer the following message ... On the other hand, if I press DEL, than the BIOS of the System (WIN XP ... It is possible that the CMOS backup battery needs replacing. ...
    (alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus)
  • Re: Fail over notification
    ... In addition to a startup procedure, you could also create a SQLAgent startup ... procedures will have a different startup sequence than SQLAgent startup ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.clustering)