Re: ASUS P5W DH Deluxe problem
- From: "William" <nospam@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2009 21:28:52 -0800
"andy" <1@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
On Thu, 5 Feb 2009 09:34:10 -0800 (PST), Don <razafi@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi William and Paul,
Thanks for your replies.
I cannot do anything because I cannot access the Setup BIOS.
It's freezing to detect the 4th Master and that's it, nothing more.
I did what you suggested:
- unplugged everything,
- except the 1G memory and the Video Card
- remove the CMOS battery for 10 min.
- restart the system from cold boot
And I am having the following, on screen:
AMIBIOS (C) 2006 American Megatrends, Inc.
ASUS P5W DH Deluxe ACPI BIOS Revision 1305
CPU : Intel (R) Core(TM) 2 CPU 6300 @ 1.86Ghz
Speed : 1.86 GHz Count : 2
Entering SETUP ..
Try unplugging the keyboard.
Press F8 For BBS POPUP
PC2-5300 Dual Channel Interleaved
Initializing USB Controllers .. Done
USB Devices(s): 1 Hub, 4 Storage Devices
Auto-Detecting 4th Master.. <-- freezing here
Still my question: what and where is this "4th Master" device
coming from ?
You know Andy, I was thinking the same thing. Maybe the keyboard is dead
(wireless,) or unplugged.
It's usually something simple and stoooopid.
- Prev by Date: Re: I think it must be the power supply
- Next by Date: KFSN4 malfunction ?
- Previous by thread: Re: ASUS P5W DH Deluxe problem
- Next by thread: Re: ASUS P5W DH Deluxe problem