Re: ASUS P5W DH Deluxe problem

"andy" <1@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:9t6po4tlnf5o1qgjk3p6ookdifkrd4d618@xxxxxxxxxx
On Thu, 5 Feb 2009 09:34:10 -0800 (PST), Don <razafi@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi William and Paul,
Thanks for your replies.

Paul,
I cannot do anything because I cannot access the Setup BIOS.
It's freezing to detect the 4th Master and that's it, nothing more.

William,

I did what you suggested:
- unplugged everything,
- except the 1G memory and the Video Card
- remove the CMOS battery for 10 min.
- restart the system from cold boot

And I am having the following, on screen:

AMIBIOS (C) 2006 American Megatrends, Inc.
ASUS P5W DH Deluxe ACPI BIOS Revision 1305
CPU : Intel (R) Core(TM) 2 CPU 6300 @ 1.86Ghz
Speed : 1.86 GHz Count : 2

Entering SETUP ..

Try unplugging the keyboard.

Press F8 For BBS POPUP
PC2-5300 Dual Channel Interleaved
Initializing USB Controllers .. Done
1024MB
USB Devices(s): 1 Hub, 4 Storage Devices
Auto-Detecting 4th Master.. <-- freezing here

Still my question: what and where is this "4th Master" device
coming from ?

Cheers,
Don.

You know Andy, I was thinking the same thing. Maybe the keyboard is dead
(wireless,) or unplugged.

It's usually something simple and stoooopid.

William

  • Re: ASUS P5W DH Deluxe problem
    ... I cannot do anything because I cannot access the Setup BIOS. ... It's freezing to detect the 4th Master and that's it, ... Initializing USB Controllers .. ... 1 Hub, 4 Storage Devices ...
    (alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus)
  • Re: ASUS P5W DH Deluxe problem
    ... I cannot do anything because I cannot access the Setup BIOS. ... It's freezing to detect the 4th Master and that's it, ... 1 Hub, 4 Storage Devices ...
    (alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus)
  • Re: BT line - phone doesnt ring - everything else ok.
    ... The fact that the OP stated that he had tried unplugging the master ... a few homes with more than one NTE5 in them on the same line. ... can be a range of less aparant things. ...
    (uk.telecom)