Re: Is there a trick to installing Intel heatsink/fan assemblies?
- From: The Coward Robert Ford <no@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2008 14:28:27 GMT
"noname" <compsync@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in
You're right, these HSFs are a pain. You have to lock one peg then
the other one diagonially across from it, then the same for the other
two. The trick is to make sure to look on the underside of the Mobo
that the pegs are trough the holes and the black sticks protrude
thought the split in the white pegs so that they are locked in place.
I installed the HSF before putting the Mobo in the case, it made
things a lot easier.
I installed an OCZ tower type heatsink recently and one of the white split
pegs got split too far open and got bent backwards.I was cussing the
heatsink because it just wouldn't go into place until I realized what had
happened and fixed the issue. Took me close to an hour to get that mofo
- Prev by Date: Re: How Many Cores??
- Next by Date: Re: Is there a trick to installing Intel heatsink/fan assemblies?
- Previous by thread: Re: Is there a trick to installing Intel heatsink/fan assemblies?
- Next by thread: Re: Is there a trick to installing Intel heatsink/fan assemblies?