- From: "Boredboy" <robing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 18 May 2008 12:47:51 +0100
What is the best size of PSU that suits the Striker Extreme. I originally
had a 600W Generic (No name on casing) and it would start cold fine and warm
reboot OK but a quick turn around from a full shutdown would cause the
system to trip. After a month or so I had a complete freeze up during a
game of crysis and now it refuses to start at all. I then purchased a
Hiper 880W PSU this lasted only a few hours before it was finished too. It
brings on the motherboard green LED and lights up the switches but refuses
to boot. As a last resort I stuck on an old 20pin 300W PSU I had lying
about and all was well until I ran 3d MArk advantage and then when I looked
away it blew the fuse in the PSU.
This thing has destroyed three PSUs in quick order and has me puzzled as to
wether I have a dodgy motherboard or just a bit of bad luck with PSUs.
- Prev by Date: Re: P5LP-VX Help ?
- Next by Date: Re: Striker Issues.
- Previous by thread: P5LP-VX Help ?
- Next by thread: Re: Striker Issues.