P5N32SLI and 64-bit

Hi... confused here.... I'm building a new Pc with the above mobo as the
backbone. I was going to put an E6600 CPU in it. Running XP Pro.... as
Vista is poop.

Anyhoo... suddenly got me thinking about 64-bit in general i.e. 64-bit XP,
and a 64-bit processor? But then do I need 64-bit memory. The way I was
thinking was based on the memory restriction on 32-bit XP i.e. 4GB max.

Am I thinking right? Can I go to 64-bit with the mobo? Is it worth it?
Running XP 64-bit... with a possible requirement for diff. memory? I would
like to run more than 4GB.

Hope that all made sense.

tia

ginga

  • RE: Whats the difference with motherboards?
    ... above will allow use of DDR2 memory and also governs the Front Side Bus Speed ... even if they have on-board AGP will have an AGP slot offering up to 8X ... Determine that you'll need a new CPU and new RAM plus the Mobo and split the ... but if have to change Mobo or CPU it's a lot more expensive]. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware)
  • Re: ASUS Striker 2 Extreme problem.
    ... Ive sent the Mobo, Videocard, Memory and CPU back to OCUK. ... Computer will bootup and Run Vista H,Premium 32bit just fine, but when running games, it will lock up, the only way to restart the pc is to either hit the power switch, or the reset switch ...
    (alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus)
  • Re: Help! P4 upgrade problem
    ... > I managed to install the new mobo, CPU and memory without problems (I've ... > I tried to boot from CD but the PC hangs when I ... First things I would check is the PSU and the CPU cooling. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware)
  • Re: Help! P4 upgrade problem
    ... > I managed to install the new mobo, CPU and memory without problems (I've ... > I tried to boot from CD but the PC hangs when I ... First things I would check is the PSU and the CPU cooling. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Your next Computer upgrade
    ... Haven't noticed the memory holding me back yet but obviously need to mess around a lot more yet. ... Installed the new PSU and planned out the wiring, fitted the CPU to the mobo and installed the mobo to the case - around another hour/hour and half. ... What's such a bitch about MS's updated page is that you have to DL like 62 patches BEFORE it even lets you install SP2! ... I DL'ed the BIOS and put it on my MUVO MP3 player. ...
    (comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action)